lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-11-2017, 11:12 AM   #1
Celks72
Not Yet Wild

Default g9 starter/generator

ok I'm new to the golf cart world. I picked up a 1991 Yamaha gas g9 golf cart. The wiring is a nest in it. The previous owner wired a switch direct to the starter replay to jump the starter. after some digging, the generator was done for. So I bought a new starter generator and voltage regulator. So my question is. How to charge the battery. I have the brown wiring going to the starter relay from the voltage reg. The black wire grounded to the battery from the voltage reg . green is going to the green on voltage reg and generator. and red white/red white on the volt reg and generator. Under the current setup how is it getting volatage back the battery. Should the brown wire go the the + terminal of the battery? hopefully someone can help
Celks72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-11-2017, 12:05 PM   #2
justwondering
A Gal with a Cart!
Yamaha

Default Re: g9 starter/generator

Go to the Gas Yamaha forum and read through the entries at the top of the page.
The 'stickies' -- things that get asked frequently and have answers waiting for you.

In the stickies is this:http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...-diagrams.html

lots of good info.

Once you've compared your cart to the diagram, come on back and ask more questions. There are only 2 places with brown wire--if my memory is working okay this morning.lol

Should be easy to trace those two.

Take a deep breach and take pictures before you start changing things -- if you have a way to do that.
justwondering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 01:58 PM   #3
Celks72
Not Yet Wild

this is my setup currently. I just don't see how a charge is getting back to the battery through the solenoid?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg starter 2.jpg (49.6 KB, 0 views)
Celks72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 08:25 PM   #4
justwondering
A Gal with a Cart!
Yamaha

D- should go to Ground
DF should go the green wire (input to S/G)
D+ should go to the red wire (Output from S/G)

A G9 V/R has 4 terminals and the 4th terminal is connected to F2 side of the solenoid by the brown wire.

the above info was from this thread: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...or-wiring.html
justwondering is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha