lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-27-2020, 05:19 PM   #1
jhnmflr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Hot solenoid while not driving

just installed a new XCT48500PDS after the old one gave out after 5 years ( Thx Scotty) Got it all in and had slow forward speed. Found the problem in the speed sensor + circuit. Set controller to not look for speed sensor and speed is back to normal. Parked cart and started watching football. Cart sat for about 4 hours. Just went out to take a quick look at things and found the coil part of solenoid pretty **** hot. B+ wire was hot at solenoid but not the rest of cable and no other wires were hot. Cart was left on and in forward, charger not plugged in. Speed senor is unplugged so I can re pin the connector tomorrow. Any thoughts. Oh by the way I did use some dielectric grease on Moles connections, sparingly though.
2004 EZGO TXT PDS 48V, 400 amp solenoid, plum quick crocodile motor. 1/0 cables and all connections are tight and clean, new f/r switch and run/tow switch.
Oh and if I put in run tow mode, then put back to run the solenoid clicks in then out. Pedal pushed solenoid clicks in but does not click out. pushing pedal again I can hear the pedal switch click but solenoid does not click again. Cart moves normally.
jhnmflr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-28-2020, 06:59 PM   #2
jhnmflr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Hot solenoid while not driving

Found the solenoid seems to be intermittently hanging up. Tonight it works normally. Also Robby at plum Quick gave me some info on my motor. Called Alltrax, got new field map and downloaded / uploaded it. Cart runs 29 top speed and torque is killer. Thanks to Scotty B @ carts unlimited, Alltrax and Robby @ plum Quick!
jhnmflr is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO