lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-24-2020, 09:01 AM   #1
molfpedal
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Lithium Batteries and Lester Electrical

I received this email from Lester Electrical tech support today. Thought you all would be interested in this.

Michael,

Lester Chargers are compatible with all Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFEPo4) Batteries. These batteries are safe to use and have become the golf Industry standard. Club Car and EZ-GO have standardized on this lithium battery chemistry.
Lithium batteries used for Automotive applications are typically Lithium Ion batteries that can be dangerous to use if the output voltage of the charger exceeds the maximum voltage recommended by the manufacturer. Our Lithium battery profiles are constant current profiles with no voltage limiting, so our chargers are not compatible with systems that require this feature.

Lester Electrical has chosen not to support Lithium Ion battery applications when much safer Lithium Iron Phosphate battery types are available.

Bill Soulliere
Technical Support Manager
Lester Electrical - High-tech meets the Heartland
625 West A St., Lincoln NE 68522
molfpedal is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-24-2020, 09:51 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Lithium Batteries and Lester Electrical

Thanks for posting
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 02:17 PM   #3
Jamesn71
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Lithium Batteries and Lester Electrical

So I don’t start another thread.

I just obtained an ezgo s4 with the Roypow S51105 and included charger. I currently have the Lester Summit Series 2 1150 which have heard wonderful things about it and paid $$$. I have an email out to Roypow but can the Summit be used with the Roypow, is there a profile for it, and which would you choose? Lester or the origianal that came with it.

I really believe in the quality of the Summit but you would think the charger that came with the Roypow would be what they believe to be the best/safest.

Going from a 90 marathon to Navita’s AC and Lithium is intimidating.
Jamesn71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bms, charge, lester, lithium, summit
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium