lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-18-2020, 07:30 AM   #1
diamondcrownpc
Not Yet Wild

Default RoyPow 51v105ah in a 2014 Txt Exgo

Installed the Roypow S51105 51v105ah Lithium battery in my 2014 Ezgo Txt. Been driving it around all week and so far its been great. Really made a huge difference in how it drives. Speed is amazing. Almost too fast. There are some custom mods to the cart, lift kit, larger tires, cosmetics, the rest, controller and motor are stock.

Only thing ill need to adjust so far is the 12v reducer. Don't think that the one that was on there can handle the 51v to 12v conversion. Ill need to upgrade that. Lights work ok but turn signal and horn wont work correctly now. And the 12v cig light popped when my wife tried to plug in her phone charger. Lol.

Also the increased speed coupled with the reduction in weight really brought to light that Ill probably need to stiffen up the suspension. Im thinking that years of driving with all that weight wore out my shocks. Now that that weight is gone it really dips on turns. Put the dog on there yesterday and drove him around and it was fine again, but he weighs a ton.

Ill upload some pics soon, as I haven't seen a thread yet with one installed in a TXT ezgo.
diamondcrownpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-18-2020, 09:12 AM   #2
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: RoyPow 51v105ah in a 2014 Txt Exgo

Welcome to the forum. Congrats on the Roypow. I got one and it was amazing the difference it made in performance. I don't have a reducer on mine, but I would think it strange that your reducer wouldn't handle the 51 v if it's rated for 48 to 12v. As far as the suspension, most people that get these packs complain about their ride being stiffer because of the less weight. Lot of threads about taking out one of the springs to get a smoother ride.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 09:43 AM   #3
diamondcrownpc
Not Yet Wild

Thanks.

Not sure what type of reducer is on there now but I think its a lower voltage reducer like a 36v to 12v. So assuming if that the case, then doubt it can handle 51v.

Yeah read that too in another thread. Not sure if I a 3 leaf springs or not but was going to look at that also. But don't have shocks on the back and shocks up front seem pretty soft. Read in another thread that at higher speeds, if shocks are too soft, that you would notice an increase in wheel dipping. Not sure if I can add shocks in the back but would like to if I can. We do frequently have peeps on the back and not sure if that weight on the back can affect this as well.
Old 09-22-2020, 04:13 AM   #4
diamondcrownpc
Not Yet Wild

F/U: New voltage reducer did the trick for the most part. Horn and front turn signals work like they are supposed to. But....the rear turn signals and braking lights are not. Believe the problem was there before just didn't notice it at first. From what I can deduce, I think the new 51v battery through the old voltage reducer blew something out. Still trying to isolate exactly what. Its not the inline fuses cause i check those out already. Read around and it may be the flasher module, I hope its the flasher module, cause that is a cheap part, $7 on amazon. Read that the turn signals and braking lights are on the same circuit. If its not that, then if may be the actual turn signal/light switch, ***, which would be more expensive to replace. From what I've researched, it almost makes more sense to just get a whole new light kit at that point. But I'm optimistic that it will just be the flasher module. Ill update once I get it in and installed.

So lesson learned and fyi for those planning to upgrade their battery, make sure your volt reducer is rated for 48+V before hooking up your ancillary equipment. LOL.
Old 12-16-2020, 11:43 AM   #5
silden
Not Yet Wild

48V Voltage Reducer is the a great tip. Can you tell me what brand and where you bought it?
silden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 11:49 AM   #6
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Lots of BGW site sponsors sell them, here's one

https://www.cartsunlimited.net/12v-reducers.html
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ezgo, lithium, roypow, s51105, txt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium