lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-22-2020, 01:55 PM   #21
davidgolfer
Gone Wild

Default Re: Need a new lithium pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by st91ang View Post
I'm looking to do something similar with 200AH batteries. My use case is a little different as I want the cart batteries to also be UPS for my house while it is plugged in.

This is the BMS I'm looking at https://www.chargery.com/BMS16Pro.asp
Hope that helps.
Could you just get 32 of these and get 180ah running in parallel?
davidgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-25-2020, 10:15 PM   #22
mattkovo
Not Yet Wild

I got a couple of lifepo4 batteries in from China to test. They sent a 15s version and messed up the bms specs but the battery still runs fine for me. I’m going to return it unless someone wants to buy it from me. $900 plus shipping. You will have to buy a charger or use existing one. It’s a 48v nominal battery but the bms limits it to 50v. 200a for 1 second and 130a continuous. I’ve gotten up to 36mph with my Navitas 5kw setup in my 6 seater club car with 23” off-road tires and 6” lift. You will have to create your own brackets to mount it. It also has a 10a -12v output. I’ll post some pictures up next.
mattkovo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 10:18 PM   #23
mattkovo
Not Yet Wild

https://photos.app.goo.gl/cH1aaWTs9YUiqVJPA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-25-2020, 10:22 PM   #24
mattkovo
Not Yet Wild

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-26-2020, 11:16 AM   #25
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
Several people have asked me why I am replacing my Leaf Batteries. The main reason would be safety. While I feel they are safe for me to use I feel that they may become a hazard if they wound up in a uninformed persons hands. Besides I've always wanted these LiFePo4 batteries. When I started looking to upgrade a few years ago these batteries were 2-3 thousand dollars and almost that much for shipping. Now I can afford them and I want to be the first kid on the block to have them.
I'm not sure what you mean about safety on the Leaf module. Here are a few pictures of failed modules due to customer draining his pack to 0V TOTAL. This is what happened on trying to recover the pack. Just expansion, no spillage. And a link to Nick's flame and damage test of a Leaf cell. He had EV Battery Center, where all of the early Leaf modules were purchased by fellow members until he passed from cancer in 2017. Turn down the volume for this, crappy music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz37WycW-7E
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180224_102807909.jpg (343.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20180224_103556276.jpg (716.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20180223_134244103.jpg (318.4 KB, 0 views)
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 11:26 AM   #26
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I still prefer Leaf modules over all of the other alternatives! They are perfectly packaged to make a pack for a golf cart. They are easy to wire up and they are obviously made for electric vehicles. I've had mine for over four years now and they are as good as when I got them. The only down side is availability. I lucked out when I got mine from Nick. They came out of a very new Leaf that was crashed.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2020, 11:38 AM   #27
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
I still prefer Leaf modules over all of the other alternatives! They are perfectly packaged to make a pack for a golf cart. They are easy to wire up and they are obviously made for electric vehicles. I've had mine for over four years now and they are as good as when I got them. The only down side is availability. I lucked out when I got mine from Nick. They came out of a very new Leaf that was crashed.
I'm with you on this one Charlie. My pack is a little over 5 yrs old and stayes balanced to within .006V with Orion Jr BMS. I have just completed my 28th pack build and about 15-16 of the sets of modules have come from Tech Direct since Nick passed. No issues with them other than just don't know pack original mileage like we did with Nick.
Old 09-26-2020, 03:18 PM   #28
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by PingEye3 View Post
I'm with you on this one Charlie. My pack is a little over 5 yrs old and stayes balanced to within .006V with Orion Jr BMS. I have just completed my 28th pack build and about 15-16 of the sets of modules have come from Tech Direct since Nick passed. No issues with them other than just don't know pack original mileage like we did with Nick.
Mine stays very well balanced too. I only balance about once a month - my own design BMS can balance much more quickly than most - one amp per cell. I check cell voltages after charging to 90% and I balance if I see more than about 10mV of variation across the pack. We play four rounds of golf between charges. It's usually at about 25% SOC when I Charge and it goes to a little over 90% if I leave it on the charger until the current gets below one amp. I am using the charger that I got from Nick four years ago. The only mod that I did to it was to turn the open circuit voltage down a bit to limit the max charge SOC.
Where is the best place to get Leaf modules these days? I am thinking of building a second cart.
Old 09-27-2020, 08:08 AM   #29
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have had no issues with any of the G2 modules from Tech Direct. I've bought over a 100 from them. If you don't see what you want on the Tech Direct site, call them and let them know what you want. They seem to be slow at updating the site on what is available. Ask TD for the bus bars if building a single pack. If double pack, they are homemade anyway. I am using the Chinese BMS but you will probably make your own again. The 58.8V Chinese chargers are the same thing Nick was supplying and voltage adjustable. A member on here prints the bases and covers for any leaf configuration.

https://www.techdirectclub.com/batte.../nissan-gen-2/
Old 09-27-2020, 08:32 AM   #30
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Thanks! I will probably wait until I find another cart before I order Leaf modules. I have 14 now and that is what I would go with again. My Yamaha was nice to do because you have plenty of room to put a 14 module pack right dead center in the battery bay. I will probably build another BMS. It's a lot of work to make and stuff the PCB's though.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car