lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-16-2020, 12:58 PM   #11
daleebz
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Can solenoid click and still be bad?

ok i got a 36v solenoid hooked up but no clicking and doesn't start. But in reverse and makes sound also lights go on. Where should I go from here?
daleebz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-16-2020, 01:54 PM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by daleebz View Post
ok i got a 36v solenoid hooked up but no clicking and doesn't start. But in reverse and makes sound also lights go on. Where should I go from here?
Which drive system?

A 2006 could be a series drive or sepex (PDS). If it the F/R switch is on the dashboard, it is a PDS.

The beeper sounding and lights coming on aren't related to the solenoid clicking, other than indicating the battery pack is connected.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 02:02 PM   #13
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Since it looks like it's a "series cart", you probably didnt hurt the controller. You probably fried the pedal micro switch, or the reed switch, or both. Unplug the smallest wire on the back of the charge port, and check it for B+ (charger unplugged). If none, it is probably a fried reed switch.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 03:07 PM   #14
daleebz
Not Yet Wild

my switch is near your straight down near back of knee when you sit down. So here is what I have done since the beginning. I bought 36v 2006 ezgo in March. Family thought it was too slow of course being spoiled so I first got an upgraded motor to put in. Then I sent my controller to some guy on ebay to upgrade to 400amp. Worked fine up until now. Went a little faster and was fine. Couple weeks ago parked it one night and next morning it didn't start. Googled some stuff, tried the pedal no click in solenoid so bought solenoid.

Bought wrong 12v solenoid and worked for 1 day. The solenoid still clicked. Then posted to you guys, got the 36v solenoid in today and hooked it up. No click, no nothing. Called guy a bought it from just now and he thinks I may have blow f/r board with upgrade of controller. He thinks I have to upgrade wires and board. I think of have seen Johnnie B's website before and I may be wrong but I didn't think I would have to upgrade all that. I will try some of the stuff you guys have said. Next i will just have to bring it in to mechanic. I just love figuring stuff out and knowing how it works.
Old 09-16-2020, 05:16 PM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

F/R by the driver's knee, so it is a series drive and the solenoid activation circuit is external to the controller.

Here is a series drive schematic with the solenoid activation circuit highlighted.

BTW: I don't have a website. You're probably thinking of scottieb at Carts Unlimited. https://www.cartsunlimited.net/home.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - Series with KSI traced.JPG (58.9 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 05:36 PM   #16
daleebz
Not Yet Wild

I attached a few pics of my cart. Also when I installed new 36v solenoid a very small amount of clear smoke came out of front terminal. Not sure if that means anything. Brand new solenoid though.

So do I need new cables for the 400amp controller that a put in. The ebay seller stated it doesn't make the cart go faster. I don't think it really did anything. The motor upgrade definitely helped. I really just want it to have a little more power going up hills, but at this point I would be happy to get it running. lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0533.jpg (180.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0534.jpg (117.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0532.jpg (131.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0531.jpg (239.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-17-2020, 05:19 AM   #17
georgia088
Gone Wild

Looks like series cart. If solenoid is not activating it is either one of the 4 micro switches in wiring diagram bad or broken/disconnected wire going to/from these switches to battery pack/solenoid.

As cg said, I’d check reed switch first. It’s in the charge receptacle and labeled “interlock” switch on diagram. This is a high failure item that most people bypass.
georgia088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 07:01 AM   #18
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

reed switch and bypass
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ezgo Reed Switch bypass.jpg (169.2 KB, 0 views)
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 07:31 AM   #19
daleebz
Not Yet Wild

No reed switch in my wiring. The thin white wiring goes straight to screw in my cart. These are all great pics and information though. I am learning! You guys think next thing to check would be micro pedal switch?
Old 09-17-2020, 08:48 AM   #20
daleebz
Not Yet Wild

My wiring does not have reed switch. Tiny white wire from your pic goes straight to screw. Should I check micro pedal switch next?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO