lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-28-2020, 01:06 PM   #1
ATrain
Gone Wild

Exclamation Icon engine temperature sensor location concern

I was told and have not confirmed yet that the motor temperature sensor, which I believe should be located in or on the electric motor, is not actually installed correctly and is instead just bundled in the umbilical somewhere coming off the controller.

This concerns me because the controller has safety checks if the motor gets too hot. It will reduce power to the motor, shut down, etc to protect the motor automatically.

As more people get ICONs and tweak them and things, I worry we'll see some motors getting burned up that should not.

Has anyone explored the controller wiring harness at all? I'm not exactly sure I know what I'm doing with this controller, so I don't want to be the first to start unplugging things and poking around in case I can't put it back together.
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-28-2020, 01:35 PM   #2
timicon0ll
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Icon engine temperature sensor location concern

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATrain View Post
I was told and have not confirmed yet that the motor temperature sensor, which I believe should be located in or on the electric motor, is not actually installed correctly and is instead just bundled in the umbilical somewhere coming off the controller.

This concerns me because the controller has safety checks if the motor gets too hot. It will reduce power to the motor, shut down, etc to protect the motor automatically.

As more people get ICONs and tweak them and things, I worry we'll see some motors getting burned up that should not.

Has anyone explored the controller wiring harness at all? I'm not exactly sure I know what I'm doing with this controller, so I don't want to be the first to start unplugging things and poking around in case I can't put it back together.
send a pic of it Ill go look
timicon0ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 04:01 PM   #3
timicon0ll
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATrain View Post

timicon0ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 05:52 PM   #4
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by timicon0ll View Post
I'm not sure where it is. I was told it was bundled somewhere in the umbilical with the controller.

From looking at the controller, I see a strain relief (https://imgur.com/KFmX4Ip) coming out of the controller, so I'd imagine there's some panel with 4 screws on the controller to actually see the bundle/wires?
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 12:43 PM   #5
geoffarias
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Any update on this? Waiting on my ICON
geoffarias is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
i40, i40l, i60l, icon, iconev
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon