lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-05-2020, 11:08 AM   #21
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Chevy Volt Lithium

Progress is always nice to see. You are at a point where progress will be very obvious. That is a seriously clean looking frame for a vehicle that is over 30 years old! Looking good!

Got to ask, what is the vehicle in the background?
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-05-2020, 11:33 AM   #22
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Progress will be obvious if I can figure it all out

I wanted the frame to look nice and just couldn't make it happen to my liking so I scrubbed it up good and painted it. I was going to leave the new aluminum strips "raw" but decided last night that I need to paint those as well, so that is the plan for today (it is supposed to be 112 here today-record breaking-but I still plan on getting it done!). Thank you for the compliment!

The vehicle is a '68 Jeepster that I have had since I was 24 (I will be 61 next month). I was putting SBC engines in Datsun trucks (see-I am old!) and couldn't keep front or rear ends from popping. The Jeepster was pretty beat (a friend of mines Dad bought it and drove it to a field to store it, which is where I saw it) but it had a little Buick V6 and a TH400 trans; perfect for another Datsun truck I had! I drove it home, my Dad asked what I was gonna do with it and he wouldn't let me cut it up so we traded for something he had (another Datsun truck!). Dad passed away some years later (1995) and my Mom gave it back to me and I built it the way I wanted :)
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg Jeepster.jpeg (154.4 KB, 0 views)
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 08:59 PM   #23
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

I'm starting my mockup and trying to find places for everything, as well as make everything accessible when I need to get back in. I've got quite a way to go still, but if any of you see any glaring mistakes at this point would you please let me know? My cart had nothing in it so I figure I can use space as I see available (especially after losing 4 batteries), but that doesn't mean I am doing it right!

Disregard the mounting screws on the battery charger-I ran out of nuts and did not want to run back down to the hardware store again today; I'll fix it tomorrow!

Thank you for any input!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Underseat mockup 1.jpg (128.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Underseat mockup 2.jpg (149.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Underseat mockup 3.jpg (152.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-08-2020, 09:16 PM   #24
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Started some (easy) wiring; would you guys mind taking a quick look to see if you see any glaring mistakes so far please? Everything is finger tight (does look like the black wire off of the controller is touching the frame; I'll fix that!) so easy to fix.

Thank you!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Initial Cart Wiring 1.jpg (138.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Initial Cart Wiring 2.jpg (143.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Initial Cart Wiring 3.jpg (109.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Initial Cart Wiring 4.jpg (172.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-09-2020, 09:45 AM   #25
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

I always get a kick out of the threads where the OP just talks to himself :) Now I am one!

If I am reading correctly, I want to stack wires where needed with the largest wire at the bottom of the connection; correct? I know I am not there yet but hope to land some more wires later today with any luck.

My premature pics are to verify routing and connection for those who have been there/done that. This is all new to me and I just don't want to make a bonehead mistake if it can be avoided.
Old 09-09-2020, 02:17 PM   #26
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Your "stacking" comment is spot on. I can't comment on the actual connections as I find photo's of actual wiring difficult to follow and would hate to say it's good when it's bad.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 02:48 PM   #27
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thank you, Dave. I'm still learning and have no problem listening to those smarter than me; thank you again!
Old 09-09-2020, 04:04 PM   #28
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

The only advise I can give at this time is to install everything so they are easily accessible if adjustments are needed and so that if anything needs to be removed/ replaced you can do it without removing the body.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 04:56 PM   #29
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thank you, NCPW. I might add "wait until you have the body to mount things-like your charger-so that you don't have to take it apart and drill new holes".......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sparatn Body 1.jpg (122.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Sparatn Body 2.jpg (96.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-09-2020, 06:27 PM   #30
swb713
Gone Wild

Columbia

Quote:
Originally Posted by simicrintz View Post
Thank you, NCPW. I might add "wait until you have the body to mount things-like your charger-so that you don't have to take it apart and drill new holes".......
Oppps !!!!
swb713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car