lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-22-2020, 09:23 AM   #251
mtollin
Gone Wild

Default Re: Anyone tried RoyPow lithium kit yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Brad View Post
I have the 105ah. I cut 3/4" plywood and screwed them down to the battery trays. I wanted the compartment to be as clean/waterproof as I could get it.
Attachment 208957
Interesting! Did you use PT or you don't think rot is an issue? I see you placed it front to back in the center. I only saw one other person who did the same, but had to put it off to side. Wasn't it too big to slide in with all the frame work in the way? Did you remove rear body, and if not how did you secure rear of battery? Doesn't look like any room to get back there.

Thanks!
mtollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-22-2020, 12:43 PM   #252
DaveTM
Gone Wild

I used plywood as well. It's tough to see from the pic but I used 3/4" treated plywood. I did drill a few weep holes in the bottom as a "just in case" water would find it's way in. The wooden box works great.

DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 12:47 PM   #253
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

I did use PT. Mine is the 105ah and it fit easily. I did take the rear seat off and it was tight getting the back bolted down. I also used gorilla tape to tape any places that water may splash up. Probably will have to replace the tape over time, but I wanted to keep as much water splashing in (it's a hunting cart, so I use in mud a lot).
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 02:44 PM   #254
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Water?....Did somebody say water???

I had to winch it outta that. The right rear wheel was "up" in the air and the left rear was in muck like gorp that would just spin.

[IMG][/IMG]
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 11:01 PM   #255
mrmike2020
Not Yet Wild

Can someone who has installed RoyPow in a Clubcar DS post photos or ideas on how to mount? I saw one photo where the RoyPow was mounted between the support struts, but not ideas on how to support the bottom and clearance on the top for the seats.
mrmike2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 09:01 AM   #256
jcast666
Not Yet Wild

Following this as most of my upgrade kit and motor are installed battery is next. So pic would be helpful to me also. 1994 DS
jcast666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 02:17 PM   #257
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

I will try to take some picts tonight
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 05:13 PM   #258
silvrhand
Not Yet Wild

I have the RoyPow 106AH 51v in my Yamaha with the Navitas controller. I live in a very hilly area and I can confirm that you can't see it to very high amp settings, anything over 150A and on the long hills the battery protection will kick in.
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 07:06 PM   #259
Lightning8U
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
I have the RoyPow 106AH 51v in my Yamaha with the Navitas controller. I live in a very hilly area and I can confirm that you can't see it to very high amp settings, anything over 150A and on the long hills the battery protection will kick in.
Sounds like you need an S51105'P'!!!

To avoid confusion for others, can you please clarify the setup you are running? You likely have a Navitas 600 amp controller, maybe an aftermarket motor/AC conversion, right? There are too many people that will read your prior statement (not your fault) and will think, "gee whizz, my stock EZGO/CC controller is 250 amps, this RoyPow battery will never work for me! I am way over 150 amps!!!"

Ask me how I know... everyone reads the specs regarding the sustained amperage draw on the MFG website and assumes the new lithium batteries aren't up to the task that the old FLAs have been dealing with for years!

Thanks!
Lightning8U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 08:37 AM   #260
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Controllers are rated on Motor amps and the BMS deals with battery amps, they can be very different depending on throttle position (PWM duty cycle).

Those "peak" numbers are a best guess on the impact of the effect of the compounded heat that is generated on their internals FET and not an exact number.

Depending on ambient temperature and average current demand you may be able to exceed or not get even close to that number before the BMS interrupts the current to protect the electronics.

Someone driving on flat paved terrain with stock tires would get a very different experience than someone on conditions that require a higher constant current.

You can limit the battery amps in most controllers to stay below the BMS limits, the cart will run but will not have the same "performance" or acceleration as it would if you allow the Controller to use more amps from the battery.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium