lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-29-2021, 11:29 AM   #1
Fokker
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Yamaha g29 turns off after hitting accelerator

I have a g29 that I have recently replaced the motor and put a lift kit on. About 2 weeks after replacing the motor the cart stopped. When I put it in reverse, I get the reverse buzzer until I hit the accelerator and then it cuts off. Any suggestions?
Fokker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-29-2021, 04:11 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha g29 turns off after hitting accelerator

Look for bad / loose connections.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 06:42 PM   #3
Fokker
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Everything is secure. If I flip the tow/run switch it seems to cycle it back on. Any suggestions?
Old 12-01-2021, 08:29 PM   #4
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Check and load test your batteries. Next step after that is controller.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 05:46 PM   #5
Fokker
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I’ll try that. Thank you
Old 01-31-2022, 09:51 PM   #6
LonestarTB
Not Yet Wild

Fokker, I’ve got a 2010 G29 I just bought and it started doing the same thing. I’ve replaced the Throttle position sensor, solenoid, checked the throttle stop switch, replaced battery cables, and have a good battery pack. Did you end up finding a solution?
LonestarTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 06:30 AM   #7
rstacy
Gone Wild
Yamaha

When you hit the accelerator the controller expects the car to move. If it doesn't move, the controller shuts down as a safety measure. Your controller is shutting down. Cycling the Tow/Run switch resets the controller.
There are a few things that will cause this but it is usually due to the battery supply voltage dropping below 42 volts.
As VA said it can be due to a loose connection. It can also be a bad battery or a battery not fully charged. It can be bad solenoid.
The best way to troubleshoot this is to check each battery voltage and see if one is significantly lower.
I'm assuming that you don't have a load tester capable of doing the entire pack. Make extension leads for your volt meter and monitor the battery pack voltage while hitting the accelerator. See if the voltage to the controller is dropping. Also check both sides of the solenoid for a voltage drop.
You say that this started after changing the motor. That's a good place to start. What motor did you install? Are there any loose connections? Is it drawing too much current?
rstacy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
g29, yamaha
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha