lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-08-2016, 12:18 PM   #11
Frizbgolf
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: How to get a smoother ride in a G29?

Smallblock yes please do keep me informed on how that set up works, I am not planning on doing anything til after the holiday season.
Frizbgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-16-2016, 12:37 PM   #12
Frizbgolf
Gone Wild

Club Car

Ok just one more question and I should be able to get the shocks I want ordered. Does anyone know what the eye to eye measurement for the stock shock is and what size eye. I can't find the specs on the stock shock anywhere.
Old 12-16-2016, 01:20 PM   #13
Captaintv
Gone Wild

Yamaha

BrewCityMusic do you happen to know a make, model of those coil overs on the G22?
I want to purchase a set and just wondering exactly what to get!!

Thanks
Captaintv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 06:10 AM   #14
Frizbgolf
Gone Wild

Club Car

Bump, I still can't find any specs on the stock shocks, I am ready to order up new shocks but don't really want to have to remove one of the existing shocks to get measurements eye to eye and size of the eye. Does anyone have a shock sitting on the bench that they could easily get the static measurements from. Thanks.
Old 12-28-2016, 04:23 PM   #15
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Stock shocks- center of eye end to eye end 12 1/2 ", bolt hole 3/8". Customer we installed rear JN4 shocks, definatly likes the softer ride, but adds, the tires can rub the inner fender mud flaps when turning with a driver and passenger. That's all I got.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 06:15 AM   #16
Frizbgolf
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks smallblock that is just what I needed to know, I will be getting the new shocks ordered up and hopefully get them installed just after the new year. Will post on here how the ride is after install.
Old 12-29-2016, 11:48 AM   #17
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captaintv View Post
BrewCityMusic do you happen to know a make, model of those coil overs on the G22?
I want to purchase a set and just wondering exactly what to get!!

Thanks
I don't have the exact info (it was awhile ago) but if I remember, we ended up going 1.75-2" over stock to get the most level and compliant ride, this is the basic style, there are sellers all over Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/13-5-340mm-P...NXiF8J&vxp=mtr

We had to set the preload pretty heavy to keep the cart from leaning in higher-speed turns, but the ride was still FAR better than stock. The set in the auction I posted here is rated higher (650lbs vs 450lbs) so they'll likely have better characteristics in a cart application than the lighter ones. One thing to note, being softer springs (and taller) when there's nobody on the cart it's going to sit a LOT higher in the back, LOL - don't panic, You just want to adjust the preload until they are at the correct height and ride with the cart loaded as normal.

Last edited by BrewCityMusic; 12-29-2016 at 11:52 AM.. Reason: extra info
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016, 08:11 AM   #18
Frizbgolf
Gone Wild

Club Car

Those are the ones that I was looking at ordering Brew, I figured I would have to play with the preload to get the height and ride correct. Thanks for the info will let you all know how it works out on an electric cart.
Old 01-03-2017, 02:50 PM   #19
LPnTX
Gone Wild

I would be very interested in the rear gas shocks for my G29 electric. The ride is very rough. How much are they? Can you give me his contact info or would I need to go through you to purchase?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PingEye3 View Post
Hi Volt Amp, I have a friend who is a Yamaha dealer, but he only takes new carts from Yamaha and stretches them for multi-passenger, wheel chair access, ambulances for stadiums, etc. So he has two boxes of them, 3 ft high, 2' square filled with both Electric and Gas shocks. He showed me the difference so when I did the latest cart build for a friend, I tried them and what the ride was great. About 6 months ago I installed another pack in a Yamaha YDRE and he was complaining of the harsh ride. I installed a set on it an he was quite pleased. If you are insterested in a set, let me know.
LPnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 06:37 PM   #20
Davidsmuts
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCityMusic View Post
Just throwing this out there, as I don't do a ton with Yamaha's and am not 100% familiar with the G29 rear end, but here's a shot of a G22 That we softened up with a set of Nitrogen Coilovers that I found for just under $100 on Ebay:

Attachment 144508

The preload was a bit lighter than stock so to compensate we went with a set that was about 2" longer than the stock shocks, eye-to-eye - installed they settled to a height about .75" higher than stock but the ride was night and day softer and being a progressive spring stayed stable in the corners (that cart had the full Plowmans treatment and gears so it ran 38+ all day long). If I recall the shocks were load-rated at 450lbs each, we tried a few sets before we settled on the ones we actually used. Here's a shot of the shocks next to the stock ones as well as a pic of the cart to show the difference in ride height (hard to tell without the body on but should give You an idea)

Attachment 144510

Attachment 144509
What shocks did you buy
Davidsmuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha