lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-15-2015, 04:47 PM   #11
jericho
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Shoutout to ScottyB! New Controller and loving this cart!

Well said BakerM07.....Everyone schould be so wellspoken.
jericho is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-15-2015, 06:02 PM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jericho View Post
Well said BakerM07.....Everyone schould be so wellspoken.
I agree and I was surprised that he was asked to justify his choice on the open forum, not in a private message where it would have been less likely to embarrass the guy. To me that would have been more sincere & appropriate.

And as for the question of how is the 400 performing as well as a 600 amp control we need to first understand that there is no set standard for maximum or sustained controller output. One man's 500 peak is another man's 570 amps. Higher sustained outputs are another key factor in how a controller allows a motor to perform... higher sustained outputs don't loose as much power on the long incline. The XCT400 matches the old DCX500 peak & sustained outputs.

Key too is how much amperage the motor is capable of drawing by design. Most stock motors are not capable of drawing 500a. Putting a 600 or a 700 amp control on a motor not capable of drawing 500 amps will not make it feel any stronger
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 09:10 PM   #13
SilverWolf
Not Yet Wild

bakerm07

Thank you for your response. It was indeed well spoken

Our only motivation for being on this Forum is to listen to what customers are saying about us and to correct misunderstandings concerning our Products.

The way for us to earn your business is to build what you are willing to buy (and keep). In fact we have already corrected the wire connector issue that you referred to in your post.

scottyb

You clearly have much more posting experience on this forum than I do, so if I have violated Protocol, I apologize to everyone.

In keeping with that, I will refrain from responding to your Engineering comments and contact you directly in the next day or so to discuss.
SilverWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 10:57 PM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

[quote=SilverWolf;1199243]bakerm07

Old 09-16-2015, 07:20 AM   #15
fishbooz
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverWolf View Post
bakerm07

Our only motivation for being on this Forum is to listen to what customers are saying about us and to correct misunderstandings concerning our Products.

The way for us to earn your business is to build what you are willing to buy (and keep). In fact we have already corrected the wire connector issue that you referred to in your post.

scottyb

You clearly have much more posting experience on this forum than I do, so if I have violated Protocol, I apologize to everyone.

In keeping with that, I will refrain from responding to your Engineering comments and contact you directly in the next day or so to discuss.
Silverwolf , I think you were spot on. Your product was called out on an open forum and your response needed to be on the same forum for all to see, if you hadn't responded for all to see ,then some people may think something is wrong with the product as a whole, I would be puzzled if you hadn't responded as you did. A lot of people have praised the Madjax 600 amp controller and are extremely happy with it, I am sure there have been complaints on the Alltrax controllers as well, I am sure both products are good, like Ford/Chevy and I am sure you can order either and may experience a problem with either and it sounds like both companies stand behind their product. I am ordering the Madjax 600 amp controller from TahoeDawg and if I have a problem I will resolve directly with Madjax. I Really like the on the fly programming and lock out feature, I haven't seen another product like it. If I do have a problem I will PM you, I think that is the right thing to do.
fishbooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 08:12 AM   #16
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbooz View Post
I am ordering the Madjax 600 amp controller from TahoeDawg and if I have a problem I will resolve directly with Madjax.

:thum bup:
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 10:23 AM   #17
greg-g
Gone Wild

This is an interesting set of posts, Sergio posted the field map of a stock motor and it clearly shows the stock motor is a 250 amp motor with diminishing results above these limits, So how can it pull more amps unless in a stall condition without negative results.

The motor rides the line on the field map going higher amperage when needed and lower amperage when at full speed. Now unless the programmed field maps are not the same there should be little if any difference in performance.

Maybe Sergio can explain how this motor can use 500 or 600 amps when its designed for 250.

Lets take a series resistor cart where the last speed is straight to the batteries can it pull unlimited current! or only what it is rated at ??
greg-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 11:19 AM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Old 09-16-2015, 11:55 AM   #19
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Although I did take AC and DC motor classes in college, I definitely had a digital, not and analogue mind, plus I got tired of bending my fingers in weird positions to determine flux, current direction etc...so basically I cannot speak from an expert position in analogue circuits.

This is 100% personal opinion, but I cannot see a Sepex motor being used in a scenario that requires more than 400amps.

Currents above that as greg-g mentioned are likely to only occur at very low RPMs ( almost no Back EMF) and under heavy loads (prolonged need for torque).

I understand that controller amp ratings are loosely defined like those audio amplifier "max" amp ratings and may never be achieved under any operation, but since most of the new controllers have data log capability, it should be easy for folks that have them to monitor how much current they really "need".

It is amazing how slowly technology is moving into the Golf Cart controllers, until recently Alltrax did not even have a closed loop control (speed sensor).

Previous Alltrax controllers (I think the XCT still uses them) used custom "Motor Maps" so the controller knew the limits of the motor being used.

The manufacturer motor curves are based on the "most efficient" areas of operation, the motor itself can generate a lot more torque and/or speed, but less efficiency usually means more heat is generated at the motor.

I guess it is possible by using the speed sensor, the controller could monitor the motor to infer if it is being used near its limits, Ie: Armature current is going up but speed is not, which could indicate a core flux saturation.

How does the MadJax controllers handle different motors with specific performance curves?

I am still curious to find out if the MadJax controllers are using software to "auto tune" or "hunt" the limits of the motor and how does that compare to a pre-loaded static motor curve.

So if there is not any "trade secret" or "competitive market advantage" concerns, it would be interesting to know.

Also, if anyone ran logs of a cart run with one of these controllers, it would be beneficial to everyone to know the conditions and highest sustained current needed.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 12:36 PM   #20
greg-g
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post

54,005 Posts Holy Crap BatMan
greg-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car