lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-21-2017, 10:47 AM   #1
chrisk
Not Yet Wild

Default Scottyb XCT 400 Controller

Hey guys I just received my new controller from Scottyb. The controller and solenoid are top notch! Very easy to install. I'm having a small issue that maybe you experts can help me with. The cart goes forward and back with no issues but the speed seems slow.....probably slower than the stock 275amp unit. Battery's are at full charge but i still have the OEM battery cables..... Could this be the issue. I'm planning on upgrading the wires ASAP but was just curious if this could cause the issue at hand??
chrisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-21-2017, 11:14 AM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Scottyb XCT 400 Controller

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisk View Post
Hey guys I just received my new controller from Scottyb. The controller and solenoid are top notch! Very easy to install. I'm having a small issue that maybe you experts can help me with. The cart goes forward and back with no issues but the speed seems slow.....probably slower than the stock 275amp unit. Battery's are at full charge but i still have the OEM battery cables..... Could this be the issue. I'm planning on upgrading the wires ASAP but was just curious if this could cause the issue at hand??
It's probably expecting the speed sensor signal.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 11:45 AM   #3
chrisk
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
It's probably expecting the speed sensor signal.
i'm not following?? Please elaborate.
Old 02-21-2017, 11:59 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

We need to know which drive system you are asking about.
Speed sensor or reduced reverse speed option may what we need to address.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 12:55 PM   #5
chrisk
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
We need to know which drive system you are asking about.
Speed sensor or reduced reverse speed option may what we need to address.
Its a 2001 PDS TXT 36V. Does this help any?
Old 02-21-2017, 02:13 PM   #6
davewil@mc.net
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

The battery wires will not make you go slower with a new controller. I doubt that it is the speed sensor, do you have it connected? If you have it connected to the controller, you might try disconnecting it. I am pretty sure (not certain) it is not needed except to limit the maximum RPM's for the motor.
davewil@mc.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 02:37 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Is the controller programmed with the correct map for the motor?
Old 02-21-2017, 03:04 PM   #8
chrisk
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Is the controller programmed with the correct map for the motor?
I figured it out.... I had the speed sensor wire plugged into the c4 block instead of the c5 block. Switched it around and the thing will flat out move now. Thanks again Scottb. I really appreciate the help and the product.
Old 02-21-2017, 03:50 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Oh yeah, I had that motor in PDS for awhile - I think JB is still running it.
You do have the correct RECENT map from D&D - right?
Old 02-21-2017, 07:11 PM   #10
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by davewil@mc.net View Post
The battery wires will not make you go slower with a new controller. I doubt that it is the speed sensor, do you have it connected? If you have it connected to the controller, you might try disconnecting it. I am pretty sure (not certain) it is not needed except to limit the maximum RPM's for the motor.
Field weakening in a XCT controller is influenced by Motor RPM (Speed sensor input) as well as other factors and without a speed sensor connected, the motor won't spin as fast.

Without a speed sensor connected, my D7D ES-76-51 maxes out at 5799 RPM with a 42V pack and the EZPDS field map. (2.5A minimum field amps.)
With the speed sensor connected and EZPDS map at 42V, it maxes out at 6540 RPM. (1.9A Minimum Field Amps)
With the motor specific map installed, (ES76-51 Field map), it maxed out at 6756 RPM with a 80% SoC battery pack and it goes above 6900 RPM when fresh off float charge. (1.0A Minimum Field amps.)

Since then, I've RPM limited it to 6500 RPM (Max RPM recommended by Eric at D&D), which is 26.5 MPH on my 17" tall tires.

When I was running a DCX500 with same motor, I got about 28.5 MPH on level ground, which is roughly 7000 RPM on my tires.

Since you are running a 48V battery pack, you have the capability of over-revving your motor unless you have tall tires on it, which limit max rpm due to the increased torque requirement.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO