lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-27-2022, 11:07 AM   #1
Phoenixfabworx
Not Yet Wild

Default Possible controller issue - 02 DS IQ

First off let me say this place has been a wealth of knowledge. Ive been lurking and learning for quite some time. Ive been helping a friend out who recently bought a Yamaha dealership. Ive never worked on carts before this but Ive built custom cars for years so im a pretty competent mechanic/fabricator and more than once this place has led me in the right direction! So I appreciate the knowledge on here!

Now to the fun part.. I have a 02 Club car DS 48v IQ system that has a strange issue.

When the cart came back to the shop it wouldnt move. The controller is energizing the solenoid as soon as I turn the key on. If I disconnect the batteries for testing and reconnect them the cart will operate but its very slow. Then eventually it will quit all together. I assume it is going into limp mode because the computer thinks the contacts are welded shut.

When it first came in I thought it was a MCOR issue because there were signs someone had pried the cover off of it and it ran after i swapped them out but its but its back at the shop because it quit on him again. The customer failed to tell me it had started running slow (limp mode i assume) a little while before it quit on him and he brought it the first time.

You can unplug the MCOR and the controller will still energize the solenoid as soon as you turn the key on.

Pack Voltage is 51.4

Speed sensor appears to be good because the roll away still works

I'm leaning towards a controller issue but maybe someone on here can point me in the right direction. I'm still not the best at diagnosing Club Car systems. I don't have any Diagnostic equipment so I'm doing what I can with what I have.

I appreciate any info or advise you guys can provide!
-Chris
Phoenixfabworx is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-27-2022, 11:08 AM   #2
Phoenixfabworx
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Possible controller issue - 02 DS IQ

Just realized I posted in the gas section. I tried to delete the post to make another one in the electric section but I didnt see a option to delete the post.
Phoenixfabworx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 04:59 AM   #3
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Moved!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2022, 08:36 AM   #4
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Couple of possibilities, but mostly you just need to check a few wires at the controller for power.
Check for 48v on Pin 6 Green wire, when the key is Off, and then when it is On. If you get voltage here just by turning the Key on something has been altered or damaged with this part of the wiring.
This should not have voltage until the pedal is pressed. So if you get voltage here at any point prior to pressing the pedal then you'll need to do some poking around in the wiring and find where it's been damaged or hacked by somebody.

Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car