lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Garage and Workshop
Garage and Workshop Tips & Ideas for the garage or workshop.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-09-2014, 04:36 PM   #1
Swooshstaff
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha G22 Diamond Plate Flooring install Help

I received a golf cart from the owner of the golf course that I run. I am in the process of "tricking it out." I purchased a black powdered coated diamond plate kit from Performance Plus Parts, which contains a complete floor, rocker panels, front bumper and rear motor access panel. This is my first attempt at revamping a golf cart. Of course, there were no instructions for this install. Has anyone ever done this? Do you leave the rubber flooring down (I would imagine so since it would be LOUD being metal on metal)? How do I install?

Again, complete newbie to this whole thing. Thank you in advance for any help or information. I have searched the web and cannot find jack to help except for maybe the rocker panels and front bumper.
Swooshstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-10-2014, 07:52 AM   #2
Swooshstaff
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Yamaha G22 Diamond Plate Flooring install Help

Not a soul???
Old 06-10-2014, 10:55 AM   #3
LVCJ
going,.. going,.. gone!

E-Z-GO

When I installed my diamond plate kit, it wasn't too difficult. Start with the floor piece first. I left the original rubber down, as this does help with sound and insulation. I used sheet metal screws, self tapping about 1 to 1 1/4" long.
Locate where the plating is gonna contact the frame along the edges. Then use a small drill bit (smaller than your screws) to pilot hole threw your plate, floor, into the frame. Then drive your screws. This helps with not breaking off some screws (which i did to begin with).
Your rocker panels should then go over the floor plating on the 2 sides. This sort of locks it all in and finishes it nice. They should have pre-drilled holes in them which should line up with existing holes in the frame sides. I used bolts and washers to secure those.
The front plate and rear cover again can be placed by doing much the same as you done with the floor. Use self tapping screws, line it up, pre-drill, secure.
Not quite sure what hardware your kit came with, but I had to get other screws and bolts to do mine???
Hope this helps.......
LVCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 01:22 PM   #4
Swooshstaff
Not Yet Wild

LVCJ thanks for the reply. I will try to take some pics of the items that I received tonight when i get home from work. The hardware they sent I believe were blind rivets. There is only one hole per piece
Old 06-10-2014, 02:28 PM   #5
LVCJ
going,.. going,.. gone!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swooshstaff View Post
LVCJ thanks for the reply. I will try to take some pics of the items that I received tonight when i get home from work. The hardware they sent I believe were blind rivets. There is only one hole per piece
I too will try to photo what I have. Mine is on an EXGO TXT, but I imagine they are pretty similar. I do remember the rivets now that you mentioned it. I didnt use them because i wanted a more stout way of connecting. My cart is made for serious off roading and I wasn't gonna chance the plate coming off.
Old 06-11-2014, 11:32 AM   #6
Swooshstaff
Not Yet Wild

Ok. Here are the plates and the photos. I did not take pics of the rocker panels, since they just showed up at the course today, or the kickplate, rear access panel or front bumper since they are fairly self explanatory and they have the holes already in them. You can see that there is only 1 hole pre-drilled in the floor plates.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2512.jpg (107.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2515.jpg (102.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2516.jpg (100.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2513.jpg (100.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2514.jpg (113.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-20-2014, 04:00 PM   #7
LVCJ
going,.. going,.. gone!

E-Z-GO

Ok Swoosh......here are some of my photos. Again I used self tapping screws and pre-drilled pilot holes. I made my own holes. I did not use the pre-drilled holes that came in the floor plate. These holes, I found, did not line up with my frame. I also didn't use the supplied rivets.

I positioned the plate behind the pedals first, and then the floor plate. Then drilled and screwed them in. I then did the rock panels, Those, I used Stainless bolts and nuts (nylon lock) through the pre-drilled holes.

Again, apologize for the length of time for my response.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140620_133700.jpg (133.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20140620_133708.jpg (171.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20140620_133721.jpg (164.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20140620_133822.jpg (142.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20140620_133851.jpg (224.2 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Garage and Workshop