lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-19-2013, 08:24 PM   #21
Pitbull Joe
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: rattle can or no-rattle can

When I rattle can sprayed my fairing on my motorcycle I used 2K grit after every coat. I used a bucket of water with a lot of soap. It's very easy to to sand through spray paint, so I lightly sand and have good layer of lubrication.
Pitbull Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-19-2013, 10:01 PM   #22
Left Coast Kiteboarding
Gone Wild

Club Car

Either way, keep the surface wet and clean. You want to remove all the paint and grit as you sand to give the best surface!

Fwiw, this is a rattle can job. Came out pretty good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1376967656.988788.jpg (193.0 KB, 0 views)
Left Coast Kiteboarding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:12 AM   #23
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

OK, the last update is that I really don't know what I am doing when it comes to paint. But, I have a friend of a friend who does... So the plan is to get him to do it when he gets bored or his current paint jobs are done.

I am going to get back to working on other stuff, like adding electric start and charging. Then when Adam is ready, it'll get painted.

Thanks for the help all, but it has become evident that I am no bodywork guy...
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 01:54 PM   #24
oneguy
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronsonj View Post
OK, the last update is that I really don't know what I am doing when it comes to paint. But, I have a friend of a friend who does... So the plan is to get him to do it when he gets bored or his current paint jobs are done.

I am going to get back to working on other stuff, like adding electric start and charging. Then when Adam is ready, it'll get painted.

Thanks for the help all, but it has become evident that I am no bodywork guy...
A man has to know his limitations... (Clint Eastwood?) Going to rattle can my 89EZ with Krylon deep purple. Surface prep is everything, a fan spray is everything else. Maybe even clear it afterwords. So I'll be starting my own "rattle can" thread shortly.

I see your cart has an aftermarket gas engine, any pics of the setup anywhere? When this battery pack's decent life is over I'm-a gonna convert!
oneguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 12:09 PM   #25
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Hi OneGuy,

Yeah, I have a build in progress on the clone swap forum. I am using a 212cc clone motor. Most guys laugh when they hear that.... But, I don't have mountains to climb here in florida and I targeted a top speed of 24mph. With my build it currently reaches 23mph and it takes off quite well, so I am going to keep the gearing as it is. No need for $2000 in engine/clutch/etc if you only need $300 worth...

Anyway, my build thread is here:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/clone...in-212-hf.html

good luck on your conversion!

Last edited by bronsonj; 08-30-2013 at 12:10 PM.. Reason: corrected spelling
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rattle can spray paint
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint