lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-23-2012, 09:00 AM   #1
golfzlife
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Increase speed in club car DS

I have a stock 2002 club car DS series(non IQ) cart and I did upgrade to a plum quick bandit motor last year. Now that golf season is over I am looking to increase the torque and ground speed - primarily for commutes to and from the course. The batteries all appear to be holding on and have proper voltage readings as mentioned in buggies unlimited forum. I am somewhat confused as the next step to increase speed. Options I have heard are the following:
. Upgrade to a better controller
. Upgrade to better wires
. Increase wheel and tire size from 8" to 10 or 12 (not really looking to lift the cart yet)
. Linkage - there was some wear on the connection from pedal to acc linkage and I tightened this up by slipping a brass fitting over the cam/pin. Should there be other linkage changes or maintenance I can do.

In the general I am getting average speed but get blown away by the CC Precedent models.
Any suggestion or list of action I should look into should be greatly appreciated.
golfzlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-23-2012, 09:16 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Increase speed in club car DS

Controller pkg 808IQ and a 2g cable set will get you going quite a bit faster.

Check it out here > Speed control packages

and cable kit #13 here > Cable Upgrades
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:26 AM   #3
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

Scotty, his is series, not iq.

But Scotty is right, get a 500 amp AXE Alltrax controller, a HD forward reverse switch and an upgraded motor (I prefer Advance or GE motors). Lots of motors to choose from, not sure what Scotty carries, you should email him, but you will want high HP at High RPMs at continuous rating to acieve the most speed, torque will most likely not be a problem. I would get the 400 amp solenoid too.

New wiring is a good idea, but I have run stock cables in my upgraded carts without any problems, but my cables are in like new condition.

It really depends on how fast you want to go and how much you want to spend. The motors I used got both my carts to 25 mph with great torque for around $1200 to $1300.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:38 PM   #4
cmar143
Gone Wild

Best bet for speed would be to put in a 36V series motor and that would give you 30% more speed just by doing that alone. The problem is that finding one is very difficult. With a series system a higher amp controller will add torque not speed so your options are limited.

Speedchaser...is that one motor for $1200?
cmar143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:12 PM   #5
Speedchaser
Gone Wild

No, for motor, controller and solenoid.
Speedchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car