lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Garage and Workshop
Garage and Workshop Tips & Ideas for the garage or workshop.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-09-2008, 05:03 AM   #11
stonelake
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Solenoid test??

Thanks so much for the good information. Got a hydrometer yesterday to better keep on top of things. I'll get the batteries fully charged and continue with the testing.
stonelake is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-09-2008, 06:04 AM   #12
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Everyone who owns an electric cart would be wise to educate themselves in about battery use and care. In the long run they would get more out of thier investment...... Go here for more info:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...t=battery+care
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 09:10 PM   #13
stonelake
Not Yet Wild

I read the post on battery care and will take notice. Thanks. Now for where I'm at on trouble shooting. There are 4 micro switches on the throttle, which engage the 4 speed solenoids. When I hold the negative lead of the volt meter on the Large terminal of the master solenoid and the positive lead on the small terminal of the "first speed" solenoid and push the pedal till it clicks and I get voltage. the same is true for all 4 speed solenoids. My question is what activates the master solenoid to make it click?? I would assume it would be the key switch. If that is true, then I think the master solenois is bad, because with the key off none of solenoids click and have voltage on their small terminal.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:49 PM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The small terminals are a separate system form the large terminals. The small wires operate the solenoids ! The micro switches turn the power on for the small wires\ terminals. I don't think anything is to be learned by reading voltages across the big and small terminals as they are 2 separate systems.
Put the voltmeter on the two small terminals of the same solenoid if you get power there then you should have power through that solenoid unless it is bad?!
Old 07-10-2008, 05:02 AM   #15
stonelake
Not Yet Wild

OK.......Did what you said. Key on, meter across the small terminals, I get voltage ( about 38 - 39 volts ) when each clicks. The master solenoid does not click. What activity energizes the master solenoid??
Old 07-10-2008, 07:40 AM   #16
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

There is one micro switch to activate each of the 5 solenoids. They are all located in the small silver box at the end of the gas peddle rod, under the drivers seat. There is a plastic slide in the box attached to the throttle rod. The plastic sliding piece activates the switches in order. The first switch to activate is for the 'master solenoid'. Be sure to tag the wires before you remove the switch. (like top & bottom or such).

You will need to remove this little box to access the switches. Disconnect throttle linkage at the box from below. Carefully mark and disconnect the short wires (one red and one white? I ended up cutting the red wire (ignition switch?)and reattaching afterwards. These are the power IN. Remove two small bolts going thru the box and cart frame. The remaining wires should be long enough for you to move the box far enough to remove the slide and the switch bank. $ solenoids have 2 wires, the one with 3 wires is the "master".
Good luck
Old 07-10-2008, 09:15 PM   #17
jettie
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

2000 ez go when you stop it keeps running takes 15 to 20 seconds to stop then all the sudden nothing won't hit a lick at all
jettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 05:03 AM   #18
stonelake
Not Yet Wild

Replaced the master solenoid and it's back up and running!! Thanks for all the great help..........
Old 07-16-2008, 07:06 AM   #19
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Stonelake, glad we could help

jettie, GO to the 'home page' select the section which best describes your cart. Like ezgo gas or electric? And post your question there. There are losts of people who can help with yoour problem there. Good luck!
Old 07-16-2008, 08:52 PM   #20
jettie
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the help will give you results when done
Thanks again
jettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Garage and Workshop