lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Drivers Clubs
Drivers Clubs Club Car/Ezgo/Yamaha/etc.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-18-2010, 08:23 PM   #1
asc89
Not Yet Wild

Default need suggestions with buying used cart

I am looking to buy a used golf cart and would appreciate any suggestions on good and bad models. The purpose is just getting around our little community...mainly paved roads and rock drives.
asc89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-19-2010, 07:33 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: need suggestions with buying used cart

Welcome to BGW! Pick a cart from any one of the three major makers, Club Car, Ezgo, or Yamaha... I suggest whichever one is more abundant in your area for ease of parts and service. Get as new a cart as you can afford... and verify the age of the battery pack. Battery packs average 4-5 yrs depending upon use and care.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 07:43 PM   #3
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

or even better, buy a gas cart and never worry about replacing $800.00+ worth of batteries again. If they will let you on a gas cart, check the compression before you buy. Make sure everything is straight and rust free (within reason, some surface rust OK). Accessories such as upgraded tire/ wheels, back seat etc add to the value but only if they fit the usage you intend to put the cart to. Good Luck! with your purchase......!
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 09:26 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flintrock View Post
or even better, buy a gas cart and never worry about replacing $800.00+ worth of batteries again. If they will let you on a gas cart, check the compression before you buy. Make sure everything is straight and rust free (within reason, some surface rust OK). Accessories such as upgraded tire/ wheels, back seat etc add to the value but only if they fit the usage you intend to put the cart to. Good Luck! with your purchase......!
True Dat
I have replaced the batteries in dang near everything last year but the V-Twin is still purring like a wild cat
Old 12-19-2010, 09:40 PM   #5
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
True Dat
I have replaced the batteries in dang near everything last year but the V-Twin is still purring like a wild cat
My batteries are 5 yrs old and still kicking and that gas cart has to be choked to death to get it rto start in cold weather.Its just like an old Harley I had they dont like cold weather.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 09:45 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

LOL.... everything in my shop starts when you hit the key.... Took the gassser out for a romp in the mud yesterday... rained 1 more inch today gonna need goggles to drive it now Bitch throws mud in every direction
Old 12-20-2010, 12:00 PM   #7
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
LOL.... everything in my shop starts when you hit the key.... Took the gassser out for a romp in the mud yesterday... rained 1 more inch today gonna need goggles to drive it now Bitch throws mud in every direction
I knew that reply would get-ya goin.Try some fender flares they help keep the mud on the ground instead of on you.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 07:12 PM   #8
bowtieracin
Gone Wild

Hands down Ezgo txt gas!
bowtieracin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bad models, good models, suggestions, used cart
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Drivers Clubs