lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-27-2010, 09:10 AM   #1
rokcrlr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 4 wheeler front end on an EZGO?

I have an old kawasaki Mojave 4 wheel chassis sitting here and I was wondering what the thoughts were on building a new frame section to uses the a arms and steering for a front end on my ezgo? I know the springs would probably be too week, but a have a pair of gas shocks for this and figure that I'm sure springs wouldn't be hard to come by,but the shocks might not be valved right either . Any thoughts?,And yes I have the fabrication skills to do this.I don't just want to graft the 4 wheeler chassis to the ezgo. I want to make new frame extentions and use the a-arms from the mojave.
rokcrlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-27-2010, 09:55 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 4 wheeler front end on an EZGO?

Every part on the atv front end is engineered to work under a given load. Those loads increase with vehicle weight.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 01:23 PM   #3
rokcrlr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Every part on the atv front end is engineered to work under a given load. Those loads increase with vehicle weight.
You mean like the stresses involved in jumping creeks and offroad jumps such as tabletops and the woop sections.
Old 11-27-2010, 02:05 PM   #4
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

And the fact that a cart is probably a bit heavier than many ATVs.

It's done quite a bit. Use the search tool & you'll find quite a few guys who have done it. Question is how well do they last? And under what kind of abuse?
AirJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 02:41 PM   #5
rokcrlr
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

A mojave weights 400# dry, about half of an ezgo.Designed to run 40-50mph over rough terrain and jumps.EZGO runs 20-25 mph over much smoother terrain, no jumps and probably 5mph over rough terrain as there is no way to hold the driver on the seat,HMMM. Now maybe if I was going to go dune blasting with an EZGO I might be worried about the strength of the mojave front end a little. I would much rather get feed back about what other people have ran into doing this ,but from what I have found so far no one has had problems with the strength of the swap
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts