lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha > Lithium Yamaha

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-08-2022, 08:01 PM   #1
jetfixr
Not Yet Wild

Default Sketchy handling on g29

I have modded my g29 with a Navitas controller, it will do about 30, which is right about where I want it. The problem is the front-end feels real twitchy at that speed. I have not lifted it, although I did change out rims and tires. everything is pretty stock except for that. Is there anything that will settle it down at speed? I have seen lots of guys talking about getting into the mid 40s in other carts. I could not imagine going any faster then 30 the way my cart feels, its a handfull.
jetfixr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-08-2022, 08:05 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Sketchy handling on g29

Check your tow in. It should be about 1/8 inch of tow in for stable running. IMO, 30mph is pushing it for a golf cart with only rear brakes. I have two G29's and I limit the speed to 25 for safety.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 08:47 PM   #3
Cboy7
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Same problem. Have been researching for weeks.
Experimenting with a slight toe out instead of tow in works better for me.

Im wondering if the front struts need to be upgraded or at least install spacers to firm it up. already upgraded the backs and it barely made a difference.
Any dips in the road and it wanders all over with the steering. feels very dangerous. I limit it as well, but at 30-35mph it is super sketchy!
Cboy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 07:58 PM   #4
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Drives are light in the front. If you compare the front seat position to most other carts the backrest is further toward the back axle than most. If it's got a back seat that throws even more weight further back. Throw any people on those back seats and the weight distribution is even worse. I see inside front tires lift off the ground in even moderate speed turns.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 08:04 PM   #5
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Weight balance improves with Lithium. (batteries are almost on the rear wheels) Once I set the toe, my cart handles fine - at the speeds I drive it. (max 25) I changed the rear shocks to adjust for the 300 lbs less weight with a Leaf pack.
Old 08-16-2022, 07:16 PM   #6
jetfixr
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
Weight balance improves with Lithium. (batteries are almost on the rear wheels) Once I set the toe, my cart handles fine - at the speeds I drive it. (max 25) I changed the rear shocks to adjust for the 300 lbs less weight with a Leaf pack.
I will check the toe-in. I have a lithium battery on order as well and I will probably end up limiting the max speed, the brakes aren't the best and I haven't found anyone that makes a front disc kit for the 2016 and up cart. What shocks did you end up going with? I will probably be dealing with the rough ride once the cart loses all that weight.
jetfixr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2022, 07:58 PM   #7
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I got shocks intended for a gasoline YDRE - about the same weight as a Lithium equipped electric. I have not seen any reasonable front brake kits for YDRE either. I would consider installing front discs if a good kit were available for a non lifted cart. My cart did ride rougher when I converted to Lithium - but it is fine now with the shock change.
Old 11-23-2022, 09:49 PM   #8
ArizonaBob
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt_Ampere View Post
I got shocks intended for a gasoline YDRE - about the same weight as a Lithium equipped electric. I have not seen any reasonable front brake kits for YDRE either. I would consider installing front discs if a good kit were available for a non lifted cart. My cart did ride rougher when I converted to Lithium - but it is fine now with the shock change.
Do you have a part number for the shocks? Front or rear?
Thanks!
ArizonaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2022, 10:22 PM   #9
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I only changed the rear shocks. I forget the number but it's the one for rear shocks for a gas G29. They have much lighter springs than the stock electric shocks.
Old 11-24-2022, 04:23 AM   #10
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Rear shocks 2016 model year
Electric: JW2-F2210-10-00
Gas:. JW1-F2210-10-00
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha > Lithium Yamaha