lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-14-2020, 01:34 PM   #1
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Default G2 Secondary Belt Clutch Adjustment

Does anyone have printed information on how to use the spring hole settings in the stock clutch? What is the factory setting - what individual settings produce what type results. I know people have personally experimented - what chart have you worked from?
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-14-2020, 02:34 PM   #2
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: G2 Secondary Belt Clutch Adjustment

In my factory yamaha manual for the G14-16 carts they recommend B-3 on both. I then used B-1 with the Umaxx spring with the stock engine and now B-1 with my modded 460 with a stock spring.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 05:24 PM   #3
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
In my factory yamaha manual for the G14-16 carts they recommend B-3 on both. I then used B-1 with the Umaxx spring with the stock engine and now B-1 with my modded 460 with a stock spring.
I'm using B3 now - I'm cruising at 35 mph on flat road - as I go up a steep hill the engine rpm stays the same 3600 rpm and the speed goes down to 25 mph till I get up the hill -- then it speeds back up to 35 mph and the engine rpm never changes 3600 rpm. I'm looking for a new belt. I wouldn't mind spending a 100 dollar but find what I want is a pain.
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 06:59 PM   #4
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I am running the Dayco XTX 2264 which is an 1.26 X 42.83 " belt and I set it up with very little deflection. It is a little reluctant when shifting F/R when dead cold. The upside is I picked up about 4 mph at a given rpm. I don't know if you use the same belt length need as I do. The belt was something like $80
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 06:48 PM   #5
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

As you run the letters, numbers higher it has more tension which makes it not lower rpm when light throttle. Its nicer for trails but not nice for cruising. I ran a setting higher for trails and stock otherwise. If you mark the sheaves and set the spring in the different number/letter combo you will see it just indexes it a little more as you move up. So assembled it has a little more preload pressure. If you set it really tight it will stay at max rpm all the time. You set it loose it will drop a lot of rpm at light throttle and be slower to rev to max rpm on the floor but still will rev up.

The best belt I ran was the CPP kevlar, an erlandson I think. Top and bottom cogged its pretty flexible. They list HD belts now but I don't see kevlar listed? It was stock G9 size however I think it was a 1.25 wide. I had to move my engine and go to a polaris scrambler belt. I got a cogged one but its not as nice as that one, think its a dayco I'd have to look. It works ok.

If you have a larger engine usually the stock setting works fine as it has more torque. Stock engine you are trying to get all you can then a higher setting helps a little, on a lifted big tire cart or with HS gears, but go stock on a stock tire cart unless you are towing heavy things.

The gboost kevlar is what my belt is.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps