lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts
Gas golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-01-2019, 09:03 AM   #1
mrblanche
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

Default Cushman/Textron Hawk Wiring Diagram

I have an old, 1999 Cushman/Textron Hawk Electric Turf that I am converting to a gas engine, just for fun. Would anyone have a basic wiring diagram for the gas version? I think these were also built/sold by Steiner at one point.
mrblanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-02-2019, 09:46 AM   #2
CharleyL
Gone Wild

Cushman

Default Re: Cushman/Textron Hawk Wiring Diagram

Do you have the actual model number? It should be stamped into the metal information plate that is usually located to the left of the steering wheel. The digits before the dash are the important ones. The first two digits after the dash are the year of manufacture. Cushman made the same model number for many years, and actually manufactured many different models and custom features at the same time. There was no one common model offered each year like automobiles. On my Truckster, the model number (before the dash) is also stamped into the sheet metal just above the left front wheel.

I found the wiring diagrams for my 1987 truckster in the 826767 Supplement manual. You can download a free copy in pdf form from www.sillylittlecars.com. Click on "Manuals" and then "shop and maintenance manuals" in the text. Look for your model number to find the correct wiring diagram. If you can't find the exact one for your model, many of the different models had most of the more common parts of the wiring that were the same, so even a diagram for a model other than your's might be of some help. You probably need to find the diagram for the electric version and also the diagram for the gas version of your model so you can see the differences and know what needs to be added/removed.

The 826767 main manual contains mostly exploded diagrams and part number lists and most of the body and chassis parts are NLA. The 826767 Supplement manual contains the wiring diagrams for many different models, and the motor information needed to maintain and rebuild the OMC motors used in my truckster's age (80's-early 90's) Truckster.

I hope all of this will be of some help. Another member here "Turfspray" was once a Cushman Dealer, so he may be of some help too, but I haven't seen any recent posts by him. Cushman was sold and resold several times during the 1990's
before the plant was closed forever. Ez-Go and Cushman ended up both being owned by Textron, so the Cushman name is still on some new models, but internally they are Ez-Go in design.

Charley
CharleyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 10:45 AM   #3
mrblanche
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

Default Re: Cushman/Textron Hawk Wiring Diagram

Thanks. I'll have a look there.

And yes, my Cushman also says Textron on it. It was made in 1999, and is a model 797008, according to the label.
mrblanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts