lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-23-2017, 07:39 PM   #1
diesel97
Not Yet Wild

Default Marathon resale value

My neighbor is selling this cart and told me I can take it for 350. I figured I could do some work to it it comes with a charger fix it up and sell it for a profit. What do you all think is it a good deal or should I pass? Oh yea its electric and needs new batteries. I'd like to paint it windshield lift wheels tires Dash light kit etc
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_29251.jpg (110.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_29261.jpg (60.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_29271.jpg (101.3 KB, 0 views)
diesel97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-23-2017, 07:47 PM   #2
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Marathon resale value

Looks pretty decent to me, needs batteries so that adds another 600+. 350 seems ok, does the charger work? I would ask to test it in the car or another golf cart. It's too bad you can't test drive it though, that is really the important thing
yamahaguy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 07:49 PM   #3
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Try to get him lower f you can. Otherwise it's probably too expensive. I would recommend you get yourself a txt or g22 that is much more modern, and nice carts. Over a 1000 is too steep for a car that outdated in my opinion
Old 03-23-2017, 07:55 PM   #4
270Handiman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

If you do all that stuff you'll be into it close to 2K+....it adds up quick. And it'll run slow and weak. Better see what the market is on similar used ones first.

For the record, it's a good deal if you are fixing it up for yourself, but risky when trying to sell on a saturated market.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
270Handiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 07:57 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

One thing you guys are missing... Just how tough a marathon is compared to today's plastic wonders. It would make a killer work cart or off road starter. Do a search on Craigslist to see common prices in your area. Consider the battery condition on those carts too. I agree, if you wanted to build a cart for yourself, it would be a nice deal.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 08:03 PM   #6
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
One thing you guys are missing... Just how tough a marathon is compared to today's plastic wonders. It would make a killer work cart or off road starter. Do a search on Craigslist to see common prices in your area. Consider the battery condition on those carts too. I agree, if you wanted to build a cart for yourself, it would be a nice deal.
lol I agree it's a tough metal car, that's why I recommended the txt or g22 as they are both proven and two of the most popular carts there is. Not to mention more modern. If he spends a little more he could have one and better resale value
Old 03-23-2017, 08:07 PM   #7
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Let's put it this way, I would rather have a txt or g22 than a rxv or precedent that's for sure
Old 03-23-2017, 08:11 PM   #8
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Heck, a few days ago we sold a 2011 g29 electric for 1750 something
Old 03-24-2017, 02:01 AM   #9
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahaguy97 View Post
Let's put it this way, I would rather have a txt or g22 than a rxv or precedent that's for sure
Uhh! Any day, all day! BUT, you can do "unheard of feats" with a Rxv for street use, compared to the old stuff. Take my favorite G22 PTV (all stock) & run it up a slight street hill against a (all stock "freedom") Rxv. Yamaha owner is gonna be sad. Both are 19 mph vehicles, but differences will be quite obvious. I think the G22 is a better platform, but the Ac system in a Rxv has easy power advantages. Now, wanna compare newer Ac Yamahas to Ac Rxv, Yamaha has a easy power advantage in stock form. (I just can't "tune the beans" out of a yamaha like I can a Rxv, it's tighter controlled). Anyone with Toyota motor controller tuning capabilities, Please speak up. Beat me at the Rxv game, and say "I can't tell you right now" like I have had to do with the Rxv. Not being a bragger, no, I want to learn more.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 08:14 AM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

These are good solid carts and many are still working.
1st question is does it have modern solid state speed control ?
2nd question is are there any of these carts running around your area?
Most people want to buy a cart that looks like their neighbor's cart. Other's are willing to own something older as long as it is functional.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO