lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-18-2016, 04:47 PM   #1
BurtBaker
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Unhappy 2010 ergo 48v RXV battery meter / hour meter

I bought a searon battery meter and hour meter for my cart. The directions are lacking in my opinion. I got everything about the positive and negative from the battery to the meter. The question I have is they call out terminal "C" and show it going to the switch. (The positive wire goes from the switch to the meter) but it does not say if the "C" is the negative as I would assume, but I HATE to assume in situations that can cause irreparable damage. Any help is appreciated.

Burt
BurtBaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-18-2016, 05:16 PM   #2
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2010 ergo 48v RXV battery meter / hour meter

Wait for one of the expert here to chime in. Doing anything at the RXV key switch I believe is a NoNo.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 06:32 PM   #3
BurtBaker
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks. I ran all the wires but did not connect to anything. Waiting for some expert advice.
Old 06-19-2016, 08:00 AM   #4
Isaac-1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The RXV does NOT use a conventional key switch it uses a digital input switch for the computerized controller, if you splice into one of those wires you will likely end up with a $1,200+ repair bill.

Ike

p.s. the only safe place I can think to get switched 48V is from the output side of the main solenoid, located on the passenger side next to the batteries under the plastic cover. There is also a wiring connector uner the dash board for factory state of charge meter, howerver is has 3 wires, 48V, a negative ground and a 5V signal lead, but these again come from the controller and you take big chances messing with them or drawing too much power from them..
Isaac-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 10:58 AM   #5
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

Hi RXV tech here...

Thanks guys for the caution notes .... CORRECT... DO NOT WIRE TO KEYSWITCH !!!
.... $1000+ mistake......

Correct to wire to switched lug on sol. (LARGE lug of sol w/wire going to controller.
not lug w/wire going to B+)

If Not sure-- post instructions and we will give better instructions for RXV install .
HiTechRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 09:42 AM   #6
BurtBaker
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: 2010 ergo 48v RXV battery meter / hour meter

Thanks everyone for the good advice. I got it all connected and working no issues. I appreciate the advice

Last edited by BurtBaker; 06-29-2016 at 09:43 AM.. Reason: Grammatical errors
Old 07-10-2016, 08:44 AM   #7
BurtBaker
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I got the switch hooked up and the hour meter works fine. The battery meter I thought was working, but it turns out it's not. It showed the battery full when I hooked it up, which it was fully charged. But it did not show it drop until it went to the blinking for 20%. When I charged it it now still blinks showing that it only has 20%. Any ideas??
Old 07-10-2016, 09:33 AM   #8
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

If it were me I would: disconnect one of it's battery connections. Re-connect it and wait 2 minutes. If it is switched, turn off, disconnect and re-connect then switch on, wait 2 minutes. If it doesn't reset and/or work properly then google searon. I found a tech support email link. Can't post here (not a sponsor)
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 11:53 AM   #9
BurtBaker
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Disconnecting from the terminal did not reset it. I am going to look for the one that connects directly to the RXV plug.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO