lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts
Gas golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-04-2015, 12:24 PM   #1
halfhemi
Not Yet Wild

Default Anyone have a wiring diagram for a 898570 GT-1 Cushman

New member here.
I just bought a Cushman GT-1 Turf model 898570 and I'm having trouble with starting it. It has the gas pedal start and kill, just like a golf cart.. Problem is I need the key switch wiring diagram. Currently it runs with no wire to coil(8hp Kohler). So I'm trying to figure out how the coil can operate and run with no positve or negative wire hooked to the coil(completely unhooked), but if I wire the coil to positive there nothing.
Could the magneto be reversed polarity?? Or is my key switch wiring screwed up?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
halfhemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-04-2015, 09:08 PM   #2
CharleyL
Gone Wild

Cushman

Default Re: Anyone have a wiring diagram for a 898570 GT-1 Cushman

Go to www.jacobsen.com and search the old manuals for your model number. Jacobsen once owned Cushman and has the manuals. If you don't find it in the list, contact them. They may have just not converted it into a .pdf file yet. They have been very friendly and helpful whenever I have contacted them. You will want the service manual, any supplements, and the parts manual.

Charley
CharleyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 10:57 AM   #3
JohnEagle1
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Anyone have a wiring diagram for a 898570 GT-1 Cushman

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfhemi View Post
New member here.
I just bought a Cushman GT-1 Turf model 898570 and I'm having trouble with starting it. It has the gas pedal start and kill, just like a golf cart.. Problem is I need the key switch wiring diagram. Currently it runs with no wire to coil(8hp Kohler). So I'm trying to figure out how the coil can operate and run with no positve or negative wire hooked to the coil(completely unhooked), but if I wire the coil to positive there nothing.
Could the magneto be reversed polarity?? Or is my key switch wiring screwed up?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Hi Halfhemi,
Were you ever successful in locating a wiring diagram for your Cushman GT-1 model 898570? I have looked and searched and still haven’t come up with one.
Any help would be appreciated! Thanks,
John
JohnEagle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts