lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Garage and Workshop
Garage and Workshop Tips & Ideas for the garage or workshop.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2020, 08:53 AM   #19
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Welder

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig123 View Post
Nothing like being in a shop retired.
Which welders do you have ?

Twenty years ago, I bought a Century 130 120v from one of my brother's bar buddies. He was desperate for 75 bucks. I still use the crap out of that thing for small jobs. Including pushing aluminum wire to build the windows on my concession trailer.

I have since inherited a Century 180 240V, and a Lincoln AC 225 that is as old as I am. I'm finding out that AC stick welders are not what they are cracked up to be, and are very particular on what rods they will run. I'm always keeping my eyes open for a DC stick/ TIG machine. I ended up using the Century 180 to build a log splitter for the skid steer. Learning from weld.com allowed me to weld thicker material than it was designed for by beveling, and making multiple passes.

One of the welders at work has been giving me some lessons on the TIG machines there, so my next goal is to get proficient at that. I have a lot of stainless projects in mind.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Garage and Workshop