lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-02-2010, 08:30 AM   #1
daoatt
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Internal Governor in Motor

Is there a internal governor in the motor on a G2. I just got mine running and when I took it out it goes good then like stalls for a sec then picks back up again. I took governor off trans as per what I have been reading here but I haven't seen anyone say anything about stalling or a internal governor.
daoatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-02-2010, 09:07 AM   #2
chompy
Getting Wild

Default Re: Internal Governor in Motor

There is an electronic govenor in the ignitor unit and no way to bypass it. You can, with some modifications to the wiring, install a G9 ignitor with no govenor.
chompy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 10:33 AM   #3
daoatt
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks Chompy i new it was something I was also thinking fuel too like starving I dont know how much fuel is delieved with these fuel pumps. It does run pretty good thought had it up to 23.6 on gps last night
Old 09-03-2010, 11:15 AM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Yeah the G2 ignitor has a rev limit in it the G9 does not. However there is no governor in the engine. A G9 should puke the fuel out of the carb line on the starter sometimes up to a foot in distance, hugely more than the carb uses. Check that little valve on the side of the cylinder the pump line goes to, clean it with some carb clean. The rev limit should be only at high rpm and rpm dependent, you can usually tell if its a carb fuel issue it will not quit at exact same rpm all the time. If you have no lift you will hit the limiter for sure, and not gain much without one. With 22s or high gears you don't hit it as much, but its not much faster without it just a little, it has no power up there anyway....but its nice not having it cut out on you. I can hit 30 gps on a road with 22s if they are aired up to 14lb or more for the rears, about 28 on a dirt/sand trail, and it takes a good run to get up to that speed well over 50 yards.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 12:02 PM   #5
daoatt
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks Sho I do beleive its the ignitor box as it does cut out at the same rpms all the time.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:08 AM   #6
daoatt
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

ok going back up this weekend but the problem i am having now seem not getting enough gas ater driving for a while it looses power and will idel but wont move for a bit any fixes?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha