lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-19-2012, 09:19 AM   #1
littlebit8624
Not Yet Wild

Default 2007 fault code #6 but voltage is reading fine

I have a 2007 Ezgo electric golf cart that is reading fault code #6. I have looked online and it says that, that means it is undervoltage. I checked all the batteries with an OHM meter and it says that the voltage is fine. I have replace three out of the six batteries also. It says something online about an undervoltage slider. I don't know what that is or where it is. If the fault code says the cart is undervoltage but I know i have more than enough volts, any ideas on what i should do or what it could be??? The golf cart runs but when i go to go up any of the hills in my yard it wont make it up any of them. When i am on flat ground it runs perfect only when i try to go up the hills is when i have a problem. I am lost and i would really like to be able to ride my golf cart this summer! If ANYONE can help me i would be FOREVER greatful!!!!! :)
littlebit8624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-19-2012, 09:27 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2007 fault code #6 but voltage is reading fine

You will be best off replacing the other 3 batteries.
The recharge rates of old & new batteries are very different. Basically, your new batteries will be over charged while waiting for the old batteries to come up to the charger cut off voltage. This over charging will happen each time you recharge old and new batteries together.
In a short while your new batteries will perform like the old batteries.

The fact that you are still having basic power problems indicates that the other three old batteries are not in good condition. You can verify this by attaching a voltmeter to the pack and watching it as you drive uphill. You can do the same test for individual batteries.
My suggestion is you just get three more new batteries and have a fresh pack.
What's your attempting to do is the equivalent of changing one battery in the flashlight when the light goes dim.
Best of luck
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:39 AM   #3
littlebit8624
Not Yet Wild

Thank you very MUCH!!!! Will the fault code on my charger go away on its own when i replace the other three batteries or will i have to do something to clear it manually? If so what should i do to clear it? I really do appreciate all of your help!!!!!!
Old 03-19-2012, 09:47 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The fault code will clear itself when you cycle the run/tow switch. You will do this when you install the new batteries.
Always place the switch in tow mode before disconnecting any battery or electrical component. Return the switch to run mode when the electrical work is complete. This will cycle the run/tow switch and will erase the code if the problem has been corrected.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:51 PM   #5
littlebit8624
Not Yet Wild

Thank you! I believe I have a series golf cart and I don't have a run tow switch. Is there anything else I will need to do since I don't have the run tow switch?
Old 03-22-2012, 09:07 AM   #6
littlebit8624
Not Yet Wild

Ok, sooo lat night i replaced all the batteries so i have a fresh pack. It ran like a champ! It will go up all of my hills with no problem with two people on it. i went to plug it into the charger and the charger is still flashing fault code #6. Should i run the batteries down today and then try to charge it? I am just worried because the cart should not be undervoltage anymore. the batteries I replaced it with are all brand new and are all reading at least six volts... Any help you can give me again I wuld really appreciate it!!!!
Old 03-22-2012, 10:13 AM   #7
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Is the fault code a charger fault code or a cart fault code?? If the fault code is a charger code, cycling the run/tow on the cart will not clear it. What charger do you have?? Also it would be helpful to post individual battery voltages (to two decimal places if possible). Those new batteries need to be charged ASAP and broken in per scottyb's website. - RAY

PS-I had a Powerwise QE that I scrapped - see quote below from one of my posts:

"After quite a bit of research here's what I have found. The 6 red flash-pause-6 red flash-pause,etc. indicates that an internal circuit problem exists."

Last edited by bigstik40; 03-22-2012 at 10:23 AM.. Reason: add info.
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:17 AM   #8
littlebit8624
Not Yet Wild

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply! Iam also sorry i was not very descriptive in my last posts. It is my charger flashing the six red flash pause ect. The type of charger is an EZGO Powerwise model number 915-3610. The batteries voltage for each battery is as follows 1. 6.12, 2. 6.12, 3. 6.13, 4. 5.74, 5. 6.13, 6. 6.12. It also seems like the charger is not charging the batteries now. I saw in your post from the other day that it is an internal circuit problem. I know I am going to sound dumb but what does that mean? What can I do to fix it? Or how do I find out what circuit has a problem? I bought this golf cart at an auction, it did not come with any manuals for the golf cart or the charger. On the charger it says to see the manual for the problem. Once again any help you can gve me I would really appreciate it!!!
Old 03-27-2012, 10:54 AM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Call your local ezgo dealer, maybe he can shed some light on the problem and you can let us know... my local dealer says these chargers fail frequently. And most are not repairable.

A word of caution; do not run your new batteries down low.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:20 AM   #10
littlebit8624
Not Yet Wild

Thank you!! As soon as I know I will post it on here!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO