lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-27-2013, 01:20 AM   #91
pYr8
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 1992 G9 No Spark

Been cold & wet for many days now. Got a little snow here in gator lovin bayou country, weird for November! Hoping to get the thing loaded on the truck & dropped off at dad's tomorrow, weather permitting...

Had the buggy out for a few rides around the property, sure seems to be running well. A little rough on start up but playing with the choke helps. Charging seems to be working well and still not seeing that phantom voltage drop from the non-running days.

I have the air/fuel mixture screw backed out 1 1/2 turns which seems to run the buggy OK. Does that sound about normal? I don't wanna have it too lean...

Thanks again for all the responses on this thread. In hind sight I wish I had just bought all the part I thought that were needed & not listened to my dad & his "don't spend that kind of money!" LOL. I shoulda just bought all the goodies & made it a gift if he was too cheap to pony up, hehehhe.

Now I'm kinda hooked on these critters. Want to get me a project to revamp but definitely looking for more guts. My dogs are way to fast for a stock buggy. As a matter of fact, maybe I should look for a 4 wheeler project that'll do over 40
But a gas cart now has a special place in my heart, I should get both maybe...

Thanks again y'all, you're great!!
pYr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-27-2013, 08:29 PM   #92
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

1.5 turn out is stock, also try 1.75 turn it may start better. Cold? Its been 20s here lately and some snow. The snow is not melting.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 03:55 PM   #93
cmoses
Not Yet Wild

Hey Pyr8, I have been thru this including replacing the ignitor. What exactly finally got yours running?
cmoses
cmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 07:53 PM   #94
pYr8
Getting Wild

Yamaha

It ran for a while, then died again. My dad passed away shortly after.
It's non-op at the moment & sitting out under a tree. I'm hoping to get back to work on it this winter. Sorry I don't have better info right now for ya.
Old 11-28-2016, 08:07 AM   #95
cmoses
Not Yet Wild

Thanks, sorry to hear it. Mine ended up being the flywheel pickup coil. There was no definitive way to troubleshoot and differentiate the pickup from the ignitor, so it ended up as a process of elimination with me buying both parts.
I think the lesson may be pick the most expensive and hardest to get to, and replace those.
cmoses
cmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 11:13 PM   #96
pYr8
Getting Wild

Yamaha

I've got a DVA now, maybe I'll be able to t-shoot better now. Glad you got yours going!
Old 02-23-2018, 08:54 PM   #97
Baldone
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I know this is an old thread, but you guys are truly a wealth of knowledge.
I have been having issues with intermittent spark on my 1992 G9 cart and it turns out to be a bad ground.

I know you guys like pics and I will post some of my project once I figure out how to add pics and I recently went through a mayor back surgery and moving a little slower than normal.

Cheers
Brian
Baldone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 02:55 AM   #98
pYr8
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldone View Post
I know this is an old thread, but you guys are truly a wealth of knowledge.
I have been having issues with intermittent spark on my 1992 G9 cart and it turns out to be a bad ground.

I know you guys like pics and I will post some of my project once I figure out how to add pics and I recently went through a mayor back surgery and moving a little slower than normal.

Cheers
Brian
Thanks for sparking me back up on this, Brian!
The buggy has been sitting out in the yard housing armadillos for a while. It needs attention!
I've taken a year off the bass tournament trail to work on my projects, but health issues have knocked me back so far in 2018. I'm sure looking forward to getting some things running!!

K
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha