lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!
On Road Golf Carts! Low to the ground Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-20-2011, 09:18 AM   #501
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: '07 EZGO Build......

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootsk View Post
Anybody know where I can get a Bob?????
He's a long way away from you.
TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-20-2011, 09:24 AM   #502
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by todo_brane_ded View Post
Terry, where did you get your light kit? I had the same problem with mine and spent a few hours with my Dremel sanding drum fitting the lights and getting them to seat properly in the bezels. One wouldn't sit flat within the cutout at all and I had to remove a lot of material to get it seated.
I have to assume that these plastic bezels are coming from one manufacturer as they all look the same to me.

Mine does have LED Markers though.....came with them....

Anyway, still looking great!
The bulk of these kits, if not all, are distributed by Stretch Plactics. I assume that all come from China, but that is just my assumption. The only reason that I see that they get away with this level of poor quality is that we continue to put up with it. We have sacrificed quality on the altar of cheap so there is no reason for them to do anything different. I personally would pay a little more if the quality was better but maybe I'm the only one.
Old 05-20-2011, 04:18 PM   #503
Hotcat
What in the?

E-Z-GO

When searching for my light kit, I found there is several different types that look very close. I end up with the kit from eastcoast custom carts. The fit was 100% spot on, and they needed no modification to look perfect.

Oh yeah, can you send Bob my way now that your done wih him?.....lol
Hotcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 04:52 PM   #504
big mule
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryH View Post
The bulk of these kits, if not all, are distributed by Stretch Plactics. I assume that all come from China, but that is just my assumption. The only reason that I see that they get away with this level of poor quality is that we continue to put up with it. We have sacrificed quality on the altar of cheap so there is no reason for them to do anything different. I personally would pay a little more if the quality was better but maybe I'm the only one.

I second paying a little more for better quality merchandise
big mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 05:20 PM   #505
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcat View Post
When searching for my light kit, I found there is several different types that look very close. I end up with the kit from eastcoast custom carts. The fit was 100% spot on, and they needed no modification to look perfect.

Oh yeah, can you send Bob my way now that your done wih him?.....lol
My light kit also came from ECC so you never know. One is good and the next is not apparently.

Pretty sure that Bob is going to keep on hanging around here so you guys are on your own.
Old 05-20-2011, 06:03 PM   #506
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

You ever have one of those days when you've just had enough? I have already looked at 250 cars this month. I am sick of hail dents and and I was at the end of my proverbial rope by noon today and very thankful when it was pouring down rain. I canceled my inspections as most of them were travel trailers and such that I don't do when it's storming one way or the other and went out to the shop. Other than my cell phone ringing 300 times, I had a quiet afternoon of work on the cart.

The last major hurdle on this build was to get the dash cover on. I knew that it was going to be a big job because so much stuff is mounted in the cover.....and I made the job 100 times harder by not allowing for enough slack in the wiring. Felt like an idot and most of my fingers will never be the same but I finally got it in and everything works even though I was beginning to wonder.

All the air controls fit in the left glove box hole but I could have helped myself out if those lines had been a little longer as well.

The switch panel and the speedo are in the center panel. I mounted the volt meter under the key switch panel.

Fuse box, mp3 player and controls for the under body led's are in the right glove box hole.

Still several small things to tidy up and Bob still has to make the custom mount for the seat belts but other than those few things it is almost there!!!
Old 05-20-2011, 07:16 PM   #507
todo_brane_ded
.....He, not ME

E-Z-GO

I'm pretty sure I bought my 'light kit' from CPP......Like I said, mine has LED markers so I thing likely that the bezels are coming from stretch but the "kitting" is being done by others, including populating the bezels with lenses and markers, switch, relay, and whatever harness is necessary....

It's the bezel that's not right, at least it wasn't on mine.

P.S. It looks great Terry. Not preaching here (no pun) but I always leave lots of slack, or as we call it in the industry 'service loops' just to ensure maintainability in the future.
todo_brane_ded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 07:22 PM   #508
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by todo_brane_ded View Post
I'm pretty sure I bought my 'light kit' from CPP......Like I said, mine has LED markers so I thing likely that the bezels are coming from stretch but the "kitting" is being done by others, including populating the bezels with lenses and markers, switch, relay, and whatever harness is necessary....

It's the bezel that's not right, at least it wasn't on mine.

P.S. It looks great Terry. Not preaching here (no pun) but I always leave lots of slack, or as we call it in the industry 'service loops' just to ensure maintainability in the future.
Bob was here today when I was in the midst of the install. Seems he used the term "service loops" as well. Live and learn. If anything ever quits working behind the dash, I'll just burn this cart and build another......complete with service loops
Old 05-20-2011, 09:48 PM   #509
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

Gotta say again Terry, Very nice work!
rifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:52 PM   #510
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifter View Post
Gotta say again Terry, Very nice work!
Thanks!!! I gotta admit. I'm tired of working on it and ready for it to be done.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!