lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!
On Road Golf Carts! Low to the ground Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-01-2011, 07:51 PM   #101
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: '07 EZGO Build......

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The diamond plate is easily scratched and a bit slippery when wet or with sand on it.

It is looking really NICE T
Thanks Scotty!!! Long way to the beach from here and I'll prolly be afraid for it to get wet at all when I get done so I'm thinkin' that won't be an issue.
TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-01-2011, 07:52 PM   #102
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by essness View Post
It's also blinding in the sun

Lookin real good Terry
Thanks Scot! I got sun glasses. I kinda like things to be "blinding in the sun" anyhow.
Old 01-01-2011, 07:57 PM   #103
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

We did the floor of the G1 limo in diamond plate, it has mats now cause in the middle of summer, the position of the sun doesnt matter, it's always in your eyes.
I call it the ultimate tanning machine

essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 08:09 PM   #104
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by essness View Post
We did the floor of the G1 limo in diamond plate, it has mats now cause in the middle of summer, the position of the sun doesnt matter, it's always in your eyes.
I call it the ultimate tanning machine

Likey, likey. No such thing as too much bling.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:11 PM   #105
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud light View Post
Very nice. You must be RICH!!!!
If I was I'd just hire someone to do all this. Don't know how much I have in in...afraid to add up the invoices right now.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:13 PM   #106
SpoiledRotten
Conservatively Wild

E-Z-GO

Looking great! Thanks for sharing the build.
SpoiledRotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 08:14 PM   #107
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoiledRotten View Post
Looking great! Thanks for sharing the build.
Thanks!! I am having a blast building it and almost as much fun sharing it!
Old 01-02-2011, 09:37 AM   #108
bowtieracin
Gone Wild

I didn't see did you end up selling your harley or just decide to keep it and start collecting?
bowtieracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 01:53 PM   #109
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtieracin View Post
I didn't see did you end up selling your harley or just decide to keep it and start collecting?
No and no. I would LOVE to sell it but no good so far. I really have no intention of being a collector even though it is nice to have a running cart while I'm working on the EZGO. It would make the process of building the EZGO much easier if the Harley would sell though. I'm not too far away from buying the controller and such along with batteries and a charger, seats etc.... It'll take me a while to save up that much...so....if anyone would like to buy a really nice Harley, I'll take $2000.00 for it. I'll put the new price in that post and see what happens.
Old 01-08-2011, 06:49 PM   #110
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Not much time today but I did manage to work on something that I've been thinking about for a few weeks. Obviously my cart is a PDS so it has the plug in the body where the F/R switch would be if it had that style switch. I wanted to use a master cutoff switch for the 12v system so I cooked up the idea that I could use the F/R hole with the proper bracket and a little fabricating on the F/R lever that came with the billet kit that I bought.

I set the rear body on this afternoon and began measuring. I came up with this bracket that mounts the battery switch to the seat risers and got it installed along with the cables from the 12v battery. There will be a fuse box in the right glove box hole that will feed all of the 12v systems.

Took me a bit of head scratching and cutting up both keys that came with the switch to finally come up with this. The F/R lever has a square hole on the back with notches in the corners. I cut the handle off the switch key so that it just fit inside the hole in the lever from corner to corner. Here's the modified key...

And here is how it fits in the back of the lever. I'll epoxy it into the lever later.

I stuck the backing plate for the lever onto the body with a little piece of carpet tape just to see what it looked like. I'm pretty happy with it although I'll need to get some longer screws and space the switch back a little bit so the lever is a little closer to the body.

Not much of a showing for today but at least I got a couple of hours in the shop.

Thanks for looking!!

Terry
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!