lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2010, 02:04 AM   #1
la-boy
Not Yet Wild

Default Ezgo-club 48v build

Once again I have questions after reading some of the posts about controllers overheating. I am putting a 700 logistics controller, w/ a GE 380 motor, running 48volts in my ezgo. This cart will be used to cruise around neighborhood in the summer and at deer lease in the fall. I do not want a lead sled, but alittle speed would be nice. I will have upgraded the cables. so So will have a prob w overheating the controller????????? thx
la-boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-08-2010, 08:49 AM   #2
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Ezgo-club 48v build

To be on safe side I would contact Logistics people with all info of motor HP, Cable size, cart extra's like lift, tire size, etc for correct answer, better safe than sorry. Anyone can make a guess but parts maker is last word on what will and will not work, besides they are the ones to replace in case of defects.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 10:47 AM   #3
la-boy
Not Yet Wild

Does anyone have the contact info. for logistics. thx la-boy
Old 09-08-2010, 12:02 PM   #4
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

I had neighbor purchase a Logisystem Controller from Grass Roots Electrical Vehicles and he gave me following site for Logisystems
www.logisystemscontroller.com
Old 09-08-2010, 05:58 PM   #5
la-boy
Not Yet Wild

The site says it is under const.??? oh well, I'll check back later. Btw I am prob. putting some 23" off road tires with a 5" lift also, that might help the controller work better, they say its for speed and torque when ran with the GE 380. If anyone has this simlilar set-up, could you tell me what is the aprox. run time on the batts. thx. again
Old 09-09-2010, 08:30 AM   #6
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Any time you change tire diameter and add lifts, tops, windshields, climbing hills, rear seats, etc, you are putting more load on cart to get up to speed and THIS IS REASON for higher amp controllers so you dont have a melt down of controller and or motor. Heat is what ruins motors and controllers, F&R controls, 6 guage wiring, etc. Once you are able to get up to speed then larger tire diameter will allow you to go faster.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:18 AM   #7
la-boy
Not Yet Wild

I had just heard that running a larger controller at slow speeds might overheat it.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:33 AM   #8
BRS
Master BS'r

Club Car

I run this set up on my 95CCDS48 volt, my cart is lifted with 23", backseat, mud tires. The controller will heat up and shut down on extended rides or too much weight, so be carefull. The thermal shut down feature has saved my but a few times...give it a few minutes to cool down...then go home easy. I've also, shut it down pulling 2-300lb bulders, kind of stupid..I know, but it was the only way to get them moved at the time. That is a great motor, and for the price a great controller. There are better setups, imop, a d-390, same controller, regeared, same volts will yeild as fast a cart with more torque. My 1/2 cent. BTW, that will be my next set up or 64 volts!
BRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 03:53 PM   #9
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

LA-BOY-- Low speed is not a problem ( that I am aware of ) because unless you are trying to climb a tree or push a wall over or locked up brakes at light pedal push there is less chance of heat build up with larger solid state controller. If you have a resistor coil cart then heat builds up more at slow speed because more coils are passing power through them?
Old 09-10-2010, 08:56 PM   #10
la-boy
Not Yet Wild

Thx for all the info. I finished the rear end swap w/the 5" lift and will start on the front tomorrow. The shocks do not reach the new lift plates, is that gonna be a issue. Also, the clubcar rearend w/the motor shows the bottom 2 motor lugs pointing at a angle down. Is that the way they are supposed to look. It is the only way they can, so I am probablt answering my own question.....I also OSPHOed the batt. tray and red oxided it. It's coming along but still a long way to go.........need a cheap set of 10" steel wheels, any sugg.............
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car