lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts
Gas golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-25-2020, 02:28 PM   #1
86miketkstr
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

Default tire question for now, for a 1986 turf truckster

I just got this machine and it is the bigger motored 898530 model with a dump bed and I will be using it around on my small farm. The tires are shot and wont hold air for more than a few minutes. The tires on it are Carlyle 20x10-8's that look like a riding mower tire. I would like to put on a little heavier duty tire and I found on the Duro Tire site an HF244 in the same size. It is 4 ply and weight rated to just over 500lb with max psi of 4 or 5. I also need a front tire which is a 6" hub. I guess I'm just looking for suggestions on what others use and maybe some where that sell tires on line with very good prices. Thanks
86miketkstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-25-2020, 03:14 PM   #2
Reddawg454
Grumpy Old Guy

Club Car

Default Re: tire question for now, for a 1986 turf truckster

I'd probably look at the site sponsor page. There are several that sell tires and will probably give you a good deal on a quality product.
Reddawg454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 10:40 AM   #3
86miketkstr
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

Default Re: tire question for now, for a 1986 turf truckster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddawg454 View Post
I'd probably look at the site sponsor page. There are several that sell tires and will probably give you a good deal on a quality product.
I looked there but with cost and shipping too much I just purchased two High-Run 18x9.50x8's for under $60 at Walmart of all places. Shopped on line and free pick up at my local store in three days. I'm just wondering if they will carry the load very well, that sucker is heavy. Just going to use it as a utility cart around my 8 acre place. I will need a front tire too.
86miketkstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts