lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!
On Road Golf Carts! Low to the ground Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-01-2010, 06:52 PM   #1
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Default '07 EZGO Build......

OK guys, here we go.

Here is the victim in all of it's glory. This poor cart has no idea what it's in for.

It even has the golf club parachute. The existing '09 Trojans will be transplanted into my mother's Harley along with 3 of the wheels and tires.

Here is the goal....

Build a cart is the style that the Hot Rod Magazine guys would call "Pro Touring." Smooth, low, custom and quick. To accomplish this we will fit the cart with lowered suspension and brake upgrades. Make it sit nice and low but still be useable. Make it run fast and have it stop as good as it goes. Of course it must look cool or none of this would be worth a dime.

The plan....

1. Lower both ends ala Hotcat, Yat and others.. etc...air shocks/on board air system etc... with maybe a couple of additional tricks that I am working on that I won't reveal just yet. Very good friend of mine is a master fabricator. He'll surely have a significant role in the suspension and such.

2. Upgrade the brakes...leaning towards 4 wheel disc but one thing for sure is it will NOT have stock brakes.

3. Obviously some cool wheels and tires. Looks like it going to have to be the SS112...not that there's anything wrong with them, I love those wheels but wanted something different just because I hate to be a copy cat but there are not many choices in the 5/2 neg. offset arena right now. The 112's are by far the best looking choice.

4. 400 amp controller with all the other goodies that go with it, 2/0 cables and whatever else Scotty can send my way. Maybe change to 48v since I gotta buy batteries anyway...another count the pennies deal. One way or the other at least 25 mph....faster is better but not sure how far I can stretch the budget.

5. Loose the top and upgrade the seats with something a little more sporty...perhaps a custom set of seats.

6. Adding lights of course. I'll be stripping the cart completely and painting everything that moves...or dosen't, chassis, suspension everything. A custom base/clear paint job on the body that will be as good as an old body man/painter can make it. It's going to be purple and ??? ...all toys at my house are purple just 'cause I say so. We'll see about more colors when we get to that part.

7. Seperate 12v system to power lights, compressor etc...

8. Lots and lots of shiny things. S/S sport windshield, seat supports, steering wheel, column cover and lots of polished diamond plate. Hope to do a custom rear bumper and some other custom goodies just to be a little different.

Well now, all of that shouldn't take more than a zillion dollars and a year or 2.

I'll be taking lots of pics because I know those are required and documenting every modification and different stage of the project as I go along.

Looking very forward to getting started ripping it apart this weekend.

Thanks for looking,

Terry
TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-01-2010, 07:13 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: '07 EZGO Build......

If it turns out as nice as the Harley Resto.....it will be cool
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 08:24 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I suspect it is going to be very cool. I vote for custom seats. They make a huge visual impression and comfort too The Victim looks willing and able
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 08:29 PM   #4
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Sounds good, Hmmm 400 amps low and slow, go 500a and do what aussie did get the motor reworked, he is moving....Just a thought. Are you done yet?
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 08:31 PM   #5
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I suspect it is going to be very cool. I vote for custom seats. They make a huge visual impression and comfort too The Victim looks willing and able
Not sure it's able but appears willing.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:35 PM   #6
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostHusker View Post
Sounds good, Hmmm 400 amps low and slow, go 500a and do what aussie did get the motor reworked, he is moving....Just a thought. Are you done yet?
Ahhhh....not even started yet.

It's the budget you know. Prolly going to go to 48v and stick with the 400a controller. I am not a patient person. Perhaps you've noticed that. My wife has. Trying to balance performance and the cool factor with how long I have to wait to get the parts. Going to do the suspension/brakes and chassis work first and then see how it pans out from there when it gets to be time to get the controller and batteries and such like that. Also have a daughter that's a junior in college. She's also getting married and you know who's signing the checks on that one. Seems the the women think it's more important to pay for a wedding than to build a cart. Go figger.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:44 PM   #7
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryH View Post
Ahhhh....not even started yet.

It's the budget you know. Prolly going to go to 48v and stick with the 400a controller. I am not a patient person. Perhaps you've noticed that. My wife has. Trying to balance performance and the cool factor with how long I have to wait to get the parts. Going to do the suspension/brakes and chassis work first and then see how it pans out from there when it gets to be time to get the controller and batteries and such like that. Also have a daughter that's a junior in college. She's also getting married and you know who's signing the checks on that one. Seems the the women think it's more important to pay for a wedding than to build a cart. Go figger.
Yep, pay for this, pay for that, OH wait you want what, I don't think so, you have your baby girl to take care of,,,,,,,Oh wait I have heard this somewhere before
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 09:00 PM   #8
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
If it turns out as nice as the Harley Resto.....it will be cool
Thanks! I honestly hope it's much better than the Harley.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:24 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I foresee performance the HD only dreamed of
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 09:33 PM   #10
TerryH
Let's go racin' boyz!!

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I foresee performance the HD only dreamed of
Me too. Think I need to start with the brakes. Pretty sure one of those 4 wheel hyd. setups needs to be coming to Arkansas very soon.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!