lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-12-2019, 10:53 AM   #1
Jeff McGuire
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Revamp of a well used 05' Precedent (long post)

Well i have been here for a month or two and got lots of help from many so i figured I would go ahead and throw up a little about me and this poor cart. We are fairly avid campers and do a lot of beach trips so we figured it was only fitting to get a golf cart to throw in the back of the truck to take with us. The search was hard to find a gas club car (wanted for the salt environment). They are way over priced in our market. After some negotiating i settled on a well used cart that this guy had just bought to flip. He basically sprays everything with spray can bed liner in order to cover all the blems. Here is the ad and pictures of how it looked when i got her home.

This thing was used in a pipe yard or somewhere outdoors. It has some type of mud under it i couldn't hardly pressure wash off. I cleaned its up best i could and went to working on it. First was to get rid of the flat paint body. Found a guy somewhat local that sold me a brand new body and used windshield for $100. The body had sat in a warehouse and been moved around a bunch and had a few scratches but was over all in great shape for the price. Next came a lift kit and 14" wheels with some 23" tires that were good for the beach and soft sand. She was looking good now! Last thing we needed for the evening beach cruise was lights. I installed a aftermarket LED light kit.

While i was doing the lift kit I addressed all issues that were related or attached to lift parts. I did new brake shoes and drums. Also added heavy duty leafs with new bushings. I added the stiffer spring in the driven clutch and machined it to help with the low end. After that i came to find out my primary clutch was worn out so a new club car clutch was installed. Next was take care of all the mechanical things with this cart to be sure it would be reliable for years to come. New throttle cable, both belts, engine pan bushing, fuel lines, filters, and a oil change were all performed. I also cleaned the carb just for good measures. The engine had a bad oil leak so i had to pull the engine side case cover and changed the gasket and crank seal. Last issue I had to resolve was the stuck parking brake. After removing the pedals and cleaning them I was able to get the brake unstuck and oiled up. She is beach cruising ready!

Now I'm not all done with here yet!
I still need to replace the seats on it. They are crappy rigged up stuff the guy put on it just to sell. I also am adding LED's under it and then will finish up with a stereo system. We love it though. Been on one beach trip so far and we drive it daily in our neighborhood. I have tweaked the throttle and governor and she will scoot right along at 25mph if need be.

Thanks everyone on BGW that has helped to get me this far!!
Jeff McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides