lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-01-2020, 01:16 PM   #1
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Default Hey Ray

Hey Ray does this look familiar. It sure looks familiar to me. We did a bunch of work on the truck over the last few days - replaced starter - My wife said "what's that ticking noise"? I told her the valves need adjusting. I open the top end and l found a rocker arm that was loose - too loose. I found that the lower loop had broken off the rocker assembly - like something I've seen from the past.
I called Gage Motor Sports to see if parts were available. Nope nada - don't make that version anymore. But I got a great deal on a set of Black Venom 1.3 to 1 rockers with needle bearings instead of brass bushings. They discontinued the earlier version be cause of them breaking.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg G2 Mini Truck 193.jpg (234.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN6799.JPG (223.6 KB, 0 views)
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-01-2020, 02:32 PM   #2
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: Hey Ray

Reminds me of the original NR shaft unit failure you suffered. You are the master of rocker arm testing. I recently checked the lash on mine and everything just so. How many hours are on the Gages ? I have a little over 200 hours on the Shepard inspired NRs
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 06:36 PM   #3
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
Reminds me of the original NR shaft unit failure you suffered. You are the master of rocker arm testing. I recently checked the lash on mine and everything just so. How many hours are on the Gages ? I have a little over 200 hours on the Shepard inspired NRs
57 hours total sense installing a hour meter. About 100 sense installing the 460. When I talked with Max I just wanted to buy a replacement rocker arm. He needed pictures and told me they stopped making that version about 3 years ago cause they were having a lot of breakage. I got a deal on the Black Venom rockers and he sent a special over length stud for my Aussie Speed valve cover.
Old 09-01-2020, 06:46 PM   #4
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Those are the top of the line so hopefully you will have no more rocker issues.
Old 09-22-2020, 08:36 AM   #5
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepard View Post
57 hours total sense installing a hour meter. About 100 sense installing the 460. When I talked with Max I just wanted to buy a replacement rocker arm. He needed pictures and told me they stopped making that version about 3 years ago cause they were having a lot of breakage. I got a deal on the Black Venom rockers and he sent a special over length stud for my Aussie Speed valve cover.
It doesn't look like Small town speed is selling our treasured Aussie speed valve covers anymore. Let us hope these things are due to the current situation and not no longer available parts.
Old 09-22-2020, 11:55 AM   #6
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
It doesn't look like Small town speed is selling our treasured Aussie speed valve covers anymore. Let us hope these things are due to the current situation and not no longer available parts.
Lets hope there still selling there covers - they look fantastic over the stock cover.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps