lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-31-2019, 09:20 PM   #1
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default My VC 460 Omega

I am gathering the last few items for my VC Omega build. If all goes to plan it will have the 92.5 mm lightweight Probe forged piston, ARC billet rod, semi balanced crank, shimmed for clearance cam and crank shafts, studs on cylinder head and side cover, 6500 rpm valve kit and raceseng billet flywheel with adjustable timing bracket.My plan is show pics as the build proceeds. This will probably a long process. My goal is to build a VC 460 that is very safe @ 6500 rpms. Stay tuned.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-31-2019, 10:56 PM   #2
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Default Re: My VC 460 Omega

Good Luck and Best Wishes. I want to see how your crankshaft idea works out. I'm save my money for ARC's crankshaft so I can finish my Blower Motor. What cam are you planning on using?
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 06:17 AM   #3
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Sounds really cool! You just can't leave anything alone can you Ray?
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 07:48 AM   #4
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepard View Post
Good Luck and Best Wishes. I want to see how your crankshaft idea works out. I'm save my money for ARC's crankshaft so I can finish my Blower Motor. What cam are you planning on using?
That crank is a work of art but takes up about 2/3 of my projected budget. For the cam it's going to be the VC torque unit with the NR 1.3 rockers and 6500 valve kit complete. I am lifting @5600 rpms with the present engine so I think there is enough cam to get into the 6000+ range. I am not really looking for much more power but one that fixes the weak points for a 6 + engine. Hence the billet flywheel, ARC billet rod with ARP bolts,forged piston,auto style valves and retainers. The other aspect will be near perfect assembly along with improved balancing. P.S. You and I seem to be the Beta testers for building better VC 460's.
Old 06-01-2019, 08:52 AM   #5
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Quote:
P.S. Do you have their billet double bearing side cover to support all that power ?
Old 06-01-2019, 09:17 AM   #6
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Gotta have a little more lift then the torque cam gives. The torque cam has .265 lift and 246 degrees of duration and 110 degrees of overlap. I think I'm going to try the cam listed below - 310 lift with 247.6 degrees of duration and 108 degrees of overlap. More lift and almost the same duration - +1.6 degrees more. With 1.3 rocker arms that's going to breathe real well.

http://www.nrracing.com/product-p/dynomod1-390.htm
Old 06-01-2019, 09:56 AM   #7
chrisr32
Gone Wild

Quote:
Gotta have a little more lift then the torque cam gives. The torque cam has .265 lift and 246 degrees of duration and 110 degrees of overlap. I think I'm going to try the cam listed below - 310 lift with 247.6 degrees of duration and 108 degrees of overlap. More lift and almost the same duration - +1.6 degrees more. With 1.3 rocker arms that's going to breathe real well.

http://www.nrracing.com/product-p/dynomod1-390.htm
Being welded cam "THE LOBES ON THIS CAM ARE WELDED.", does this still have the compression release and if not how do you overcome the hard start without it?
chrisr32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 11:48 AM   #8
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Hey Ray, the VC440/460 I built reved to 7000. If it had an alum flywheel it would have gotten there much faster. It had the Isky racing cam that VC used to sell. I forget the specs on that one. But it's in my garage waiting for another project. I have to say that it was not a very strong engine in the low rpm range, but that may have been from the carb. I did switch to a Mikuni style 30 mm and it was much better but I never finished getting it dialed in before switching to the Vanguard.

edit: Specs on the cam say: .330" lift 246 duration @.050" 110 LC
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 02:13 PM   #9
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisr32 View Post
Being welded cam "THE LOBES ON THIS CAM ARE WELDED.", does this still have the compression release and if not how do you overcome the hard start without it?
I have an old thread in which I'm building a supercharger on a VC460 and I've stepped away from it for a while. It's time to move on it again and finish it.

To answer your question -- 8 to 1 compression ratio with a potential of 12 to 1 @4500 rpm depending on blower belt ratio and a UT2 ignition system which has a 10 degree BTDC starting fire and advances to 27 degrees at 1800 rpm.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/clone...ing-clone.html
Old 06-01-2019, 02:51 PM   #10
chrisr32
Gone Wild

Quote:
I have an old thread in which I'm building a supercharger on a VC460 and I've stepped away from it for a while. It's time to move on it again and finish it.

To answer your question -- 8 to 1 compression ratio with a potential of 12 to 1 @4500 rpm depending on blower belt ratio and a UT2 ignition system which has a 10 degree BTDC starting fire and advances to 27 degrees at 1800 rpm.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/clone...ing-clone.html
I saw were you could also have the welded cam with compression release, just wasn't sure on the one you outlined. Keep us posted on how the supercharger project comes out.

Thanks for the reply
chrisr32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps