lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-20-2020, 11:05 AM   #1691
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: Vc 460

I just checked with Geoff if they were going to continue producing their VC 460 billet rod and flat top piston. The good news is that they are as soon as the machinery that produces them is freed up. BUT at the moment they are beyond swamped with other production. I was curious on what the future held for VC produced VC 460 parts. That Gen 3 conversion (which I am currently running ) was just engineered to maximize the 69mm crankshaft usage and CR and eliminate any clearance issues. Glad it lives on.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-20-2020, 09:17 PM   #1692
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I got a couple more rides in today and I see we are going to be in the 70's until midweek next week. This keeps up and I might have to do another oil change yet this year.
Old 10-22-2020, 04:49 PM   #1693
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

After this a.m.'s photo shoot took a couple of tours of the islands. After
Vicki cooled down because of Shepard's tale with the gage rockers I decided to take a look at the 4 years old NR units. With close inspection everything still shows no wear let alone any sort of failure. P.S. In october of 2014 I sure didn't have this kind of weather to riding around my newly swapped in VC 460.
Old 10-22-2020, 05:19 PM   #1694
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I was just thinking about all the gas carts I worked on here and most or all of that will end. The builder sold off his club cart and only has 2 GEM sparkies. His good friend traded his club cart work cart for a sparkie also. Alas 2 of the other gas carts the owners have had serious health issues. Only left is the other G 14 owned by the 77 year old couple and this year with all that has gone on haven't used it much and the G 29 I hope to never work on again.
Old 10-23-2020, 01:52 PM   #1695
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Weather has been bad up here, low temps and rain. I did manage to get a leaf sweeper on the back of my cart and rode around the yard for a while. It was fun, I could dump it from the seat lol. I'll have to try moving the needle in the carb again it seems to have a rich spot above idle. Last time it would not run well but I have changed jets since then.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 04:55 PM   #1696
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Keep on carbing
Old 10-24-2020, 03:21 PM   #1697
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

We took Vicki out for a later afternoon 2 island run. We didn't have much in the way of bird sighting expectations. BOY were we wrong. Across from the marina we spotted a half a dozen black crowned night herons along with a pair of great blue herons. This a rare sighting for a as were have only seen a couple ever in tens years down here. In fact a couple of people in cars stopped to see what were viewing with the binocs .One of them was another amateur bird spotter. He got his binocs that he always has with him and also admitted he had never seen a black crowned night herons live. As out tour continued the GF spotted a large bird at some distance which turned out to be a large female bald eagle. Quite a trip for just a sunny afternoon cart ride. A lot of people down for the great weather and fishermen for the great striped catches going on right now.
Old 10-25-2020, 11:11 AM   #1698
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Rainy and cold today. No carting today and the 10 day report doesn't look to promising ?
Old 10-29-2020, 11:38 AM   #1699
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

A lot more rain today. I told someone somewhere on here that VC was out of stock on the CVtech clutch. I see they are now back in stock. Looking at NR's site I see both the wedge shaft mounted steel roller rockers and the hemi billet roller rockers are out of stock. I also seen ARC is out of stock on may items. I guess even in the smaller operations demand out strips supply.
Old 10-30-2020, 02:53 PM   #1700
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Don't want to jump anyone's thread so I will relate the tale here. Years ago here on the island I spotted a 3 wheel EZGO putting on by. This was well before I was involved with carts at all. It was candy apple red and had the little front fender to match. It had high gloss wooden stake body bed on it with a tail gate.It had that EZGO 2 stroke purr as it tooled down the road. GEEZ We got FREEZE warnings for tonite. Earlier in the week running the air and now the heat.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps