lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > For Sale > Golf Carts and Parts > Golf Cart Parts
Golf Cart Parts Links to other sites, not for parts request. *closed

Old 07-23-2007, 04:54 PM   #11
traderrik
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Golf cart disk brakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruredy View Post
I have noticed that the hydraulic drum brakes on my 480 will stop it in about half the distance vs the mechanical brakes on my other carts...
Sounds interesting. More info, please?
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-23-2007, 06:30 PM   #12
ruredy
Born Wild

My ezgo st480 has hydraulic drum brakes on the rear, they're like all the ezgo brakes. They are hydraulic, an instead of having a mechanical cable to make them work, they have a master cylinder which controlls the slave cylinders in the drums. they also have a parking brake which is controlled by a cables that run to the drums. Its just like the brakes on a truck or car only smaller. I'm not real sure why they work so much better than the other carts I have, but I can tell you its a huge difference. I guess that its able to put max pressure on the brakes at the point just before locking the drum down. something that you can't do with a spring hooked to a rod, attached to cables that pulls a lever on the drums.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:35 PM   #13
roady89
nimda
Club Car

OK guys and gals....I have more disk brake info to share. The kit looks like top quality components and has straight forward install instructions. They sent me a word document as well as a powerpoint document that has the install instructions. You can download a free copy of powerpoint viewer from microsoft HERE I cant view all of the word document because I dont have the latest word plugin. Now for the cost. $750 per kit.

Heres a pic of the master cylinder, calipers, rotors and the other components. Included is a zip file which contains the powerpoint document.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg brakes.JPG (60.1 KB, 190 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Instruction Booklet.zip (1.07 MB, 91 views)
Old 07-26-2007, 05:00 AM   #14
tungpo1
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Looks like a nice set up, but I knew it was going to cost some $$$$$
Old 07-26-2007, 06:04 PM   #15
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Will a kit like this fit behind standard 8" wheels, or would you need larger ones?
Old 07-26-2007, 08:16 PM   #16
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
Will a kit like this fit behind standard 8" wheels, or would you need larger ones?
Gorno as far as I can tell yes. The rotors look like they have enough offset to put them well behind the wheel. I will shoot them an email and ask about that.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:36 PM   #17
Xtreme Cartz
The Fabricator

How well would that work with a long travel front end? I wonder if the cables are long enough?
Old 07-26-2007, 08:44 PM   #18
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtreme Cartz View Post
How well would that work with a long travel front end? I wonder if the cables are long enough?
Any disk brakes are gonna be better than the stockers wouldn't you think. I bet they could make longer cables and brake lines on request. I am gonna ask them to join so they can answer questions about these brakes. Emailing them and posting their response a day or so later is kinda slow.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:17 PM   #19
gaston
Gone Wild

Nice I want a few sets... ouch!!! they're pricey... would they offer a discount for dealers?? I guess that would it be the price I would pay for them installed, but just for the kit...

Also it would be nice to watch a kit installed, tell them to share some pictures!

Edited: no matter how, I don't see "the diagram below" that the powerpoint presentation mentioned

Last edited by gaston; 07-27-2007 at 10:43 PM..
Old 07-28-2007, 10:31 PM   #20
MuayThai41
Gone Wild

Awesome! If that's what it takes in order to make sure I return unscathed to the wife and kid after each day...I guess I'm in! Gonna need those when "El Gato" goes 108 volts! At that point we should be doing around 55-60, and the stopping distance right now is just irresponsible!

However, It doesn't mention if the kit comes with a hunk of Vaseline for the "bend you over" price...That's alot of money to not include courtesy lubrication

Last edited by MuayThai41; 07-28-2007 at 10:34 PM..

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > For Sale > Golf Carts and Parts > Golf Cart Parts