lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-19-2020, 08:24 AM   #11
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Zeva BMS settings for 72v and 2nd module ?

Hopefully You did not fry all devices CAN bus interfaces since they run at about 2.5v between CAN-H and CAN-L.

Placing 12v across that 120 ohm terminator resistor would have produced 1.2 watts of heat on a 1/4 watt resistor, replace the resistor if the value does not test at 120 ohms.

Make sure the ID you programmed in the EVMS3 matches the ID you dialed on the switch in each BMS-12 board.

Make sure number of "Parallel Strings" is set to 1.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-19-2020, 11:59 AM   #12
somfas
Gone Wild

Thanks again guys. Will repot back, hopefully with some good news. Sounds like the resistor is good then, thanks for confirming that Gary. I have read it a few times, but, will read continue reading it. I can't retain all of that info since its just out of my field of comprehension. I do think the error with the key on is a communication error, and not an issue of not being able to access the menu due to the idle feature. It is a loud beeping and coms error message. That apparently is commonly a CANbus issue. I will confirm proper wiring connections on those. Pairing that with what Sergio said, could be something (maybe that module) got fried during the incorrect wiring. Will try to confirm it is working or not, somehow. Thanks
somfas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 05:26 PM   #13
somfas
Gone Wild

Just an update, will keep digging. I swapped module locations to see if I was getting the same results. Now, it doesn't recognize either module, however it does recognize full voltage of the battery pack. Before it saw one module only and saw only half the voltage of the pack. Both modules have a blinking green light instead of just one.

I check continuity of the CANbus wiring through all connections and they all appears to be fine from one end of the line to the other.

Ian said that maybe the dials are messed up on the modules and to keep tinkering with those so that will be the next step.
Old 10-21-2020, 06:03 AM   #14
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Try changing the modules dial to a higher ID like "A" and "B" then configure the parameters for IDs 10 and 11 to see if behaves differently.

You know blinking green means there is no CAN bus communication detected, they should be solid green.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 08:05 PM   #15
somfas
Gone Wild

Both modules are working now. Aside from troubleshooting, the only change was switching the dials to A and B and setting the cell count on the BMS for module 10 and 11. All cells are accounted for now. Solid green lights. Now I will move on to the settings.

Is it normal to have 0v in the Hall Sensor? The monitor is showing 0v and I assume its because there is no draw on the pack.

Any suggestions on settings in the BMS? I plan to run conservative numbers on the high end for sure since its a 72v cart. 20 cells at 4.1 is still 82v so I am okay going lower, just not sure what the smartest settings would be.

Thanks for the help!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium