lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-24-2010, 08:29 PM   #1
Tonka329
Smoov az a gravy sammich

Yamaha

Default Long Travel...

I was on CPP and seen a 7" double A-arm lift... I am looking for the long travel set up for my G9... Is there a difference? I did notice the BIG price difference!!
Tonka329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-24-2010, 08:49 PM   #2
BigBlockMan
Gone Wild

Default Re: Long Travel...

Tonka
The 7" double A is not a long travel as it only has about 2 1/2 inches of travel which would make simular to original travel. A long travel normally has 2-3 times the amount of wheel travel of a stock suspension. The 7" double A is a independent suspension and is a step up from a single A arm. With a double A arm as the suspension travels up and down the wheel remains perpindicular to the ground. On a single A arm as the suspension moves the camber of the wheel changes from fully compressed the wheels from the front of cart they look like this. / \ and fully extended they look like this. \ /. With the double A arm regardless of suspension position they look like this. [ ]

I believe if you are looking for a long travel suspension, Jake's is the only one available for the G2/9
BigBlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 08:58 PM   #3
Tonka329
Smoov az a gravy sammich

Yamaha

Awesome! That sounds good! What suspension do you recommend? Do you own or operate CPP?
Old 04-24-2010, 09:01 PM   #4
Tonka329
Smoov az a gravy sammich

Yamaha

I didn't want to be a smart-a$$ but, I was an alignment tech at Goodyear auto for 3 years.. I understand camber/caster and toe.. Thanks for the help!!!
Old 04-24-2010, 09:13 PM   #5
BigBlockMan
Gone Wild

Well as with any accessory, Your main intended use should determine what suspension is best for you. If your cruzin campgrounds and a little trail riding the double A would be fine. If your main use is mostly off road and more aggressive then your kidneys will favor the long travel. It is best not to let your wallet determine your purchase. Buying the wrong lift for the intended use is a sure way to make sure you will have to do the modification more than once. Not saying you need to break the bank, Just determine the intended use then make good choices. Let me know we would be glad to help you with either lift choice.
Yes I am the owner.
Old 04-24-2010, 09:18 PM   #6
Tonka329
Smoov az a gravy sammich

Yamaha

Sounds good! I will be in touch! I like the look of the long travel. Is the long travel a Double A set up also??? I have some pretty flat land/trail and feild riding. Im thinking just a double A would be fine... I ordered a 6" for my G1 from you and it is working great! Thanks
Old 04-24-2010, 09:23 PM   #7
BigBlockMan
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonka329 View Post
I didn't want to be a smart-a$$ but, I was an alignment tech at Goodyear auto for 3 years.. I understand camber/caster and toe.. Thanks for the help!!!
Hey no problem, We all try to explain things so everybody can make sense of the answers. I am sure a guy with your talent will be able to help others here with your front end knowlege. Thats what this place is all about, Sharing info. Welcome and let me know if we can help. Heck a guy who eats tuna is alright in my book.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:53 PM   #8
shawn.m
Gone Wild

if you can afford it get the longtravel jakes. I bent my 7" dual A-Arm 3 months after getting it.
the ride is VASTLY better. we have also discussed this to death several times
shawn.m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 08:10 AM   #9
Tonka329
Smoov az a gravy sammich

Yamaha

Thanks Shawn, and BBMan, I'll be in touch! I noticed the front end mounting plate on the LT has square stock for a mount for something??? Maybe a winch??
Old 04-25-2010, 09:46 AM   #10
shawn.m
Gone Wild

2" reciever - I use it to put trailers away in front. plus I run a rear hitch storage carrier from a car on the front
shawn.m is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha