lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-02-2021, 12:55 PM   #1
blento
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Installed Dakota 48v 96ah

My 2016 Precedent's 1 year/9 month US Batteries were no longer holding a charge. 2 checked less than 6v after only a mile or two. Cart would slow to 7-8 mph with good batteries, but started to slow to 2 mph up hills and drop to less than 34 volts.
Got the Dakota 48v direct from them, ($2600 delivered) great support and a decent truck delivery from Seattle to N. Georgia, & the 11 year warranty will save me $$$.
Install was easy, had to cut some of the center rib on the floor of the battery compartment & a 3/4" plywood piece underneath & a couple pieces of 2 x 4 to prevent it from sliding around. I mounted it on the right side & mounted the 8 amp charger (included) on the left side wall. Also removed the charger plug outlet & replaced it with a 110 V male recessed outlet.
Unbelievable difference I have the Altrax XCT400IQ & 650 amp solenoid but otherwise cart is all stock except 2" hub extensions. Goes 14 MPH (25+ downhill) and now never slower than 13 up any hill here in the Ga mountains. I have gone over 20 miles and noticed no speed change. I just got an AiLi meter (Amazon $44) and will install today. The volt meter I had was useless with Lithium. Unfortunately the included wire will not reach the dash & the only extension is 16 feet, so I bought a hooded gage mount and will mount it above the F/R switch.
Best upgrade I have on this cart ...made the cart FUN again!
blento is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-02-2021, 02:42 PM   #2
SouthCo
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Installed Dakota 48v 96ah

Glad to hear of your upgrade success and having a fun cart again. I would agree going lithium is the best upgrade I made to the electric cart I had years ago. I have a gas cart now but wouldn’t own another electric cart unless it was lithium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 04:04 PM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCo View Post
Glad to hear of your upgrade success and having a fun cart again. I would agree going lithium is the best upgrade I made to the electric cart I had years ago. I have a gas cart now but wouldn’t own another electric cart unless it was lithium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’d have to agree with similar sentiment. I’ve owned about a hundred gas carts and very few electric ones (though a couple of the electric carts were pretty well upgraded). After owning an electric cart with lithium for almost the last year, I don’t think I’d want to own a gas cart in its place. I WOULD still like to have a clone/big block cart just for playing in the snow, batteries don’t tend to last in the snow. But for regular cruising around, the power, speed, and comfort of the lithium cart is really the best way to go in my opinion.

As a long time gas guy… Never thought I’d say that
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 04:57 PM   #4
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Sounds like you made the right choices! Lithium is worth the added expense over a new FLA pack.

I was thinking about your setup. With the Alltrax 400 and your stock motor you should be able to get at least 24 mph on level ground and perhaps drop to 14 mph on big hills.

Do you have the controller tuned for less than full RPM's? Maybe 14 mph is all you want it to go which is fine. But 25 mph downhill has got to be scary! I hope regen braking works, but that might put too much current back into your battery.

You may want to check the field map for your cart from Alltrax. They can tell you what all of the settings should be based on your usage.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car