lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-30-2021, 10:30 PM   #11
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Battery question - prob easy ans

Start by making sure your batteries are fully charged. A starting charge of 50.1v is only ~80% state of charge. 50.9 or better should be seen with a fully charged pack. My 48v cart with the lead Trojans rests at 51.2-51.3v. My lithium cart rests at ~54v

The lower the state of charge, the steeper the discharge curve will be with a load applied. Simply put, a lower state of charge the voltage will drop lower under load than at a higher state of charge. The lower the overall state of charge gets, the faster it will drop to even more.

That said, is your cart stock or do you have modifications for motor and controller? More weight, bigger motor, high current controller, etc will cause voltage to drop/sag even more under load than without.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-01-2021, 10:07 AM   #12
gujuman
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I'm in NC so garage may get to 40 degrees. I definitely don't want acid on the floor so just trying to figure out best way to store the old batteries for the winter while working on the cart before changing them out in the spring.

For the test, batteries were definitely fully charged at 50.1. I think motor and controller are stock, added motor details to the sig.

Do ya'll agree that a new battery pack is definitely needed?
gujuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 10:43 AM   #13
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Based on your results and a 50.1 resting voltage, I would say yes, you should look for a new pack in the spring. But for now, don't remove the batteries from your cart.

You can leave the charger connected if it is shutting off as it should. Depending on the charger, it will periodically start a charge every X number of days or by voltage as needed.

This may not be an option for you. If not, just connect the charger every two week and recharge until it shuts off.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 09:47 PM   #14
SV1
Getting Wild

If you are above 32 degrees, you have no worries about batteries freezing even if they are completely dead. We usually would not see any leakers until it was around zero or below.
SV1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car