lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-23-2021, 07:42 PM   #1
mikes3028
Not Yet Wild

Default Cold natured

Hey guys, my 1996 Carryall 1 with the FE290 is cold natured as all get out. It used to not be like that. I have replaced the carb when the motor was rebuilt several months ago. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I bought an aftermarket carb off Amazon and ever since then something just don't seem right. Now that colder weather has set in it's hard to get it going. It does fine after it has been run and warmed up but when it gets cold it's hard to start. I'm willing to replace the carb if you can point me in the right direction on what to by. Thanks for any replies. Mike
mikes3028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-23-2021, 09:45 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Cold natured

Disassemble, clean, and reinstall the oem mikuni carb. The Chinese aftermarket ones are garbage
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 10:05 AM   #3
mikes3028
Not Yet Wild

thanks I will sure give it a try
Old 12-08-2021, 09:07 AM   #4
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

I have the exact same cart - model/engine/year

It has been cold blooded since I have owned it. Definitely worse in the winter time, not sure theres anything to do to change it but I havent dove into it since it gets minimal cold weather use
nwocart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 12:13 PM   #5
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwocart View Post
I have the exact same cart - model/engine/year

It has been cold blooded since I have owned it. Definitely worse in the winter time, not sure theres anything to do to change it but I havent dove into it since it gets minimal cold weather use
If the valves are adjusted correctly, cables are set right, carb is good and compression isn’t in the toilet, there’s no reason it should be cold blooded. I’ve had a ton of these carts and most the time I almost never needed to touch the choke. They light right up and go. The times I did use the choke it was never more than a quick tap of the button.
Old 12-08-2021, 03:34 PM   #6
nwocart
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
If the valves are adjusted correctly, cables are set right, carb is good and compression isn’t in the toilet, there’s no reason it should be cold blooded. I’ve had a ton of these carts and most the time I almost never needed to touch the choke. They light right up and go. The times I did use the choke it was never more than a quick tap of the button.
I definitely have to tap the choke and it fires, it hesitates before it turns the motor over. have to get the pedal barely engaged, too far and it will never turn over. I just assumed it was a club car hesitation that is on all of them.

but does take a little bit of choke to get it firing when its chilly for me. I should check the valves this winter....
nwocart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 03:56 PM   #7
mikes3028
Not Yet Wild

mine has done a lot better since I cleaned the carb. sometimes I have to hit the choke and sometimes not. most of the time no. like nwocart says just barely get the pedal engaged and it usually fires up. thanks guys
Old 12-21-2021, 08:20 PM   #8
mikes3028
Not Yet Wild

well we are back to square one with this cart. I reckon I will replace the carb. who sells a decent carb for this cart. it wouldn't even fire this evening when I was going up to my mothers house. it run the battery down. I had to choke it to back out of the garage. it done fine. put it in fwd and would not fire. so if y'all can point me in the right direction on who sells good carbs I sure would appreciate it.

thanks mike
Old 12-21-2021, 10:03 PM   #9
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Www.revolutiongolfcars.com

Call David, he’s a club car dealer and can get an OEM carb for you. I’d personally recommend sticking with an OEM mikuni carb
Old 12-22-2021, 07:32 AM   #10
mikes3028
Not Yet Wild

will do. thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car