lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-10-2021, 04:49 PM   #1
Soupman
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default No power

I have a 2012 G29 that I use almost daily. One day, no power. When I put the cart in run there's no click from the solenoid. I replaced the solenoid and found that I was not getting power from the small wires that control the it. I checked all switches and 3amp fuse, all good. I then replaced the controller to no avail.
All wiring looks good and the motor is only 6 months old.
Soupman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-10-2021, 06:11 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: No power

Trace the 48V power from the + terminal on the contactor to the 3 amp fuse - then it goes to the run/tow switch then to the key switch. With the Run/Tow switch on, you should have battery voltage on the red/yellow wire on the key switch. When you turn on the key switch, you should get battery voltage on the red/white wire on the key switch. That will send battery voltage to the switch on the accelerator pedal. When you push the pedal, you should then get battery voltage on the brown wire coming from that switch. That wire tells the controller to energize the main solenoid. All voltages are measured relative to battery minus. The controller grounds the negative small terminal on the contactor to energize it. With the run/tow switch in run, the red/yellow wire on the small terminal on the solenoid should have battery voltage on it. The controller grounds the red/black wire on the negative small terminal on the solenoid to energize it.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2021, 06:11 PM   #3
Soupman
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I have power to the Run/Tow switch but only about 3/4 (32V but varies). With switch in Run position I get very little power to the key switch and solenoid, usually about 3V and it dissipates to zero volts quickly and no power at all to the potentiometer or stop switches. The 3amp fuse looks good but just to make sure a jumped it and there was no difference. I have checked the entire wiring harness and visually it looks good. What next?
Old 11-12-2021, 08:46 PM   #4
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

If you are not getting full battery voltage to the run/tow switch and the fuse is good then you have a broken wire. Follow the wiring diagram and find the break.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 03:01 PM   #5
Soupman
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Okay, I now have power. I replaced the fuse holder and fuse. They were pretty corroded. New problem: When I press the accelerator, the solenoid clicks but the cart doesn't move. Also, no sound from reverse buzzer. Hopefully something much simpler than wiring.
Old 11-30-2021, 03:30 PM   #6
Soupman
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Update: The cart still does not run.
Parts: New motor 3/21, new Tow/Run and Stop switches 11/21, new Navitas 440amp Controller 11/21.
I put the Tow/Run switch in Run, get a blinking green light on the controller. Turn key switch on, voltage meter comes on (51V) and a solid green light on the controller. Push accelerator pedal, solenoid clicks but cart doesn't move. Move switch to reverse, buzzer sounds, push pedal, again cart doesn't move. I then disconnected everything and tested the motor. Motor tested good.
I'm at a loss. Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.
Old 11-30-2021, 03:54 PM   #7
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Have you checked with Navitas Dashboard / Diagnostic? Probably a problem with the throttle sensor, check the voltage of the TPS displayed in the App. I've had a similar situation, overhauled motor, new controller and no go. Finally i've found a bad connection at the TPS...
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 04:11 PM   #8
Soupman
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I did replace the TPS. The Navitas diagnostic simply says: Pedal On.
Old 12-02-2021, 04:35 PM   #9
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Lordy, Lordy...I sure hate to hear that you have broke the bank replacing all those components. Start at the battery negative and clean/inspect/replace all connections/cables that look bad using a wire brush. Continue all the way back to battery positive. You can (and have) spend a lot of money replacing things (guessing), when it could be a bad connection/cable. Little time can save a lot of money. This also gets you familiar with your cart and how it operates. Be sure to disconnect batteries when doing this. Look at the "Stickies" to see how to diagnose individual components.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 06:43 PM   #10
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupman View Post
I did replace the TPS. The Navitas diagnostic simply says: Pedal On.
Just watching the Navitas diagnostic screen (demo mode):
Throttle Inputs
Throttle Voltage:
Foot Switch:

Pedal On means the foot switch but, do you see any voltage value when pedal is pressed?
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha