lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-13-2021, 01:46 PM   #11
pri_i_oh
Getting Wild
Columbia

Default Re: Setting points on a par car

Thank you. I think I found the right coil. I just need to get my points set correctly. For some reason itll run great for about 30 ft and die. If I let up on the pedal for about 5-10 seconds then hit it again itll go great for another 30 or 30 ft. Its goofy

Later this evening I'll be picking your brain about the conversion if you dont mind
pri_i_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-13-2021, 02:54 PM   #12
pri_i_oh
Getting Wild
Columbia

I'm completly lost here. This just doesn't make sense. Its like the spark in the points just STOPS then after a second I can hit the gas and its perfectly fine again....wth??
Old 07-13-2021, 03:22 PM   #13
tcanthonyii
Not Yet Wild

Sounds like somethin is getting hot. Possibly the microswitch or keyswitch.
tcanthonyii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 05:10 AM   #14
pri_i_oh
Getting Wild
Columbia

Well, that's what I thought too but I unplugged the bottom plug on the microswitch and plugged it back in last night and it ran perfectly fine on the stands. I didn't get a chance to test it on the ground because it was a **** monsoon out but I'm gonna try it today. Im thinking maybe those contacts just need cleaned
Old 07-14-2021, 05:51 PM   #15
pri_i_oh
Getting Wild
Columbia

I think I figured it out. I think the microswitch is bad or going bad. Unless there's someway to take it apart and clean it. As long as I stay in the pedal I can drive it forever. It seems like as soon as I let up it gets stuck in the position. If I hit the gas pedal real hard with my foot itll go every time. I was looking at new ones and the all have 1 prong on 1 side and 2 prongs on the other side but mine only has 1 prong on each side
Old 07-14-2021, 07:02 PM   #16
Lochlin
Gone Wild

The one or two prong thing doesn't matter. They each do exactly the same thing.

I actually don't use golf cart switches for those and use industrial plunger switches instead like this:

https://www.sager.com/ba-2rq1-a2-444...iABEgJx0fD_BwE

They do the exact same thing except they are BEEFY and a lot cheaper. The only thing you will need to do is drill the mount hole just a little bit bigger which takes all of 1 min.

Note that these switches have three terminals to attach the wires. The middle one must always be used. You must choose the other one. One will cause the switch to be open when the plunger is extended. The other will cause the switch to be closed when the plunger is extended. You want to latter. It's simple to tell which is which with a volt meter.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 07:18 PM   #17
pri_i_oh
Getting Wild
Columbia

I like it. I've seen others like this one as well. I think I'll get one of those on order. Thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Columbia ParCar