lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-20-2022, 08:29 PM   #1
lordj37
Not Yet Wild

Default Bad Speed Sensor???

2006 CC Precedent PQ serial #….. was a non-running cart with missing parts. Recently installed/replaced new controller, solenoid, & MCOR. Can get it to run for a second or two then it stops with solenoid clicking off. Let off on pedal and push down again and same result. Occurs in both forward and reverse. Speed sensor push/pull test was inconsistent. Braking and beeping when pushed backwards but neither present when pushing forward. Could the speed sensor be my issue?
lordj37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-21-2022, 08:20 AM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Bad Speed Sensor???

Probably not the speed sensor. Typically when they fail the cart will continue to drive, but at a very slow "limp home" kind of speed.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 09:19 AM   #3
lordj37
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by meimk View Post
Probably not the speed sensor. Typically when they fail the cart will continue to drive, but at a very slow "limp home" kind of speed.
Ok thanks. Any ideas for me to troubleshoot? Could it be the OBC going bad? Plugged in my Modz charger (that I use on my other Precedent with the same set of batteries installed in this cart) and it was acting weird. Charger fan kept shutting off then back on. Flashing different lights intermittently.
Old 01-21-2022, 12:09 PM   #4
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

What year is the other Precedent? '14 & up could be an Eric charger system - NOT an OBC. I would suggest starting with looking for a voltage drop. Hook up your volt meter to measure voltage at the controller side of the solenoid. See if the volts drop off before or after the solenoid clicks off.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 03:04 PM   #5
lordj37
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
What year is the other Precedent? '14 & up could be an Eric charger system - NOT an OBC. I would suggest starting with looking for a voltage drop. Hook up your volt meter to measure voltage at the controller side of the solenoid. See if the volts drop off before or after the solenoid clicks off.
Other is a 2010. Checked the solenoid as instructed. Pre-volts were 50.1. No matter how far pedal is pushed solenoid clicks and shuts down at around 48.5 volts which is seconds into startup. After solenoid clicks and shuts down, the volts return to 50.
Old 01-21-2022, 03:22 PM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Could be a bad solenoid. Might be closing but have a bad internal connection.. Once capacitors burn off the cart stops.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 03:30 PM   #7
lordj37
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Could be a bad solenoid. Might be closing but have a bad internal connection.. Once capacitors burn off the cart stops.
Was wondering that myself but It’s brand new.
Old 01-21-2022, 03:32 PM   #8
lordj37
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
By the way……You’re correct. Replacing the speed sensor with a good one did not correct the issue.
Old 01-21-2022, 03:57 PM   #9
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Unfortunately new solenoids can be bad. Try checking the voltage on the controller side when you push the pedal and see if it drops.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 04:15 PM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Check the supply. Monitor the battery pack and make sure it does not drop a lot of voltage when you try to go.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car