lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-11-2022, 09:51 AM   #1
Bondohead
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Sagging suspention

Hi all, i have a 1992 marathon and the front tires are dragging the fender and body.
I've had the cart for a few years, and this is a new development. the shocks don't hold the cart up do they? they should only dampen the bumps out i would think.
i need to replace all 4 corners as i have a rear seat and haul kids to the pool and around the hood frequently would like advise on beefed up rears too.
The Monroe pdf wont open. too old?
any help would be apricated.
Bondohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-11-2022, 10:30 AM   #2
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Sagging suspention

I don't know how the 92's are but in general if the shocks have springs around them then they regulate the height, my 85 has half leaf springs on the front axle and coil springs on the rear but separate from the shocks..

I'm sure someone will chime in that knows exactly what you have
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2022, 04:51 PM   #3
Bondohead
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

finally got it up in the air.
Dabble- I have the same set up. half leaf springs on the front axle and coil springs on the rear
one of the springs is broken in the front.
Im planning on replacing both 1/2 leaves up front all 4 shocks and Mabe the coils in back.
I have a back seat and frequently have riders on back. Do you know if there are dule rate coil springs for the back? Should i use heaver load shocks than stock?
where would you sorce them?
Bondohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 12:13 AM   #4
Dabble Inn
Nincompoop Club Member

E-Z-GO

It's fairly common for those front leaf springs to break, I've replaced quite a few. I've seen a 'heavy duty' style which includes an extra leaf, although I've used them a time or two I've never heard a report on how it changed the ride. I would assume it would be stiffer??....

As far as the rear I've never seen one break, perhaps if you search hard enough you could find a dual rate spring or even just a stiffer rated one
Dabble Inn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2022, 02:36 PM   #5
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Ezgo front suspension is common to have sagging or broken springs. I recommend replacing them with stock springs and shocks. A stiffer leaf spring will ride crappy. You can add a "coil over" shock but again, stiff ride. I've had 4 different ezgo carts and they all ride good with stock setups and crappy with hd springs.

For the rears, the springs you choose depends upon the load you want to carry. If you regularly carry 2 people at 400lbs, yes you'll need HD springs, however, you'll ride super stiff when you have no passengers. You could use air shocks to give you a boost. I have used Harley air shocks before with good success. Car/Truck air shocks are too big and stiff.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO