lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-12-2022, 07:49 AM   #1
ahmjam
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2015 gas club car precedent

this is my first club car gas 2015 to work on. so far I found no spark. before I go changing a coil is there any other tests I should be making. also notice that the oil light flashes five times and a space and flashes one time assuming that's some kind of code is there a manual on here that I can look up some items to help me with. I usually can keep most gas carts running but this one's got me puzzled. thanks for any help
ahmjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-12-2022, 08:17 AM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: 2015 gas club car precedent

Possible it's just the coil, but those EFI carts are pretty well known for the ECU going dead and when they do they flash a code 51.

Unplug the kill circuit wire for the coil, should be a single black wire that comes out of the cowl and runs to a connector on top of the engine. It's kinda below the starter and may be a little tight to get to.

Unplug it, pull the plug wire off and stick a spare plug in the end, and lay it on the engine so it touches bare metal (use an alligator clip jumper wire if it wont stay in contact with metal), crank the engine over and see if you have spark with the Kill wire disconnected. Does it have spark? If No, the coil is faulty.

If you do have spark, plug the kill wire back in and repeat.
Do you still have spark? If No, then we need to check the harness for short to ground.
If Yes, the ECU is faulty.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 12:28 PM   #3
ahmjam
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

thank you i did check with spark plug tester no spark i will look for kill wire, is there a trouble shooting check list on this site? thank you Jeff
Old 05-22-2022, 12:43 PM   #4
ahmjam
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
Possible it's just the coil, but those EFI carts are pretty well known for the ECU going dead and when they do they flash a code 51.

Unplug the kill circuit wire for the coil, should be a single black wire that comes out of the cowl and runs to a connector on top of the engine. It's kinda below the starter and may be a little tight to get to.

Unplug it, pull the plug wire off and stick a spare plug in the end, and lay it on the engine so it touches bare metal (use an alligator clip jumper wire if it wont stay in contact with metal), crank the engine over and see if you have spark with the Kill wire disconnected. Does it have spark? If No, the coil is faulty.

If you do have spark, plug the kill wire back in and repeat.
Do you still have spark? If No, then we need to check the harness for short to ground.
If Yes, the ECU is faulty.
how can i test ecu or purchase one
Old 05-22-2022, 02:46 PM   #5
RockportFish
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Not sure on testing it, but BuggiesUnlimted.com and GolfCartGarage.com show them listed ($2,900 to $3,290)....
RockportFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 08:59 PM   #6
ahmjam
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

and that is pure stupidity. for a part for a golf cart .you know there wasnt that kinda cost to build a cart in 2015 that cost about 4200 new be the last one i buy if theres that cost to fix
Old 05-23-2022, 09:15 AM   #7
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

The ECU has to be matched with the throttle body and injector assembly on those.
Yes, pure stupidity. Very much agreed.

Testing procedures for that engine are here:
http://golftechs.us/Manuals/Subaru%2...e%20Manual.pdf

As I said before, the kill wire comes up on the fan cowl side and goes across the engine kind of under the starter generator. It's a single black wire with a connector somewhere in that area. Find that and disconnect it first so you can check the coil output.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 12:35 PM   #8
ahmjam
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

pushed it a side for now ordered a cd with maint info on it

Tags
no spark
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car